Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

You know more about German Tornado’s than me.
Any chance we’d see any other ordinance on the premium one it doesn’t have yet? Firebombs maybe?
I know about the crazy cluster pods but not expecting those anytime soon.

no thr JF-17s GPS glide bombs

since it’s supposed to be a pre series/prototype/test variant I don’t think so

although the Standard skin is from a later tornado that already had acess to Komoran and the submunitions pod

iirc the Luftwaffe stopped using fire weapons entirely in the early 80s and I haven’t seen them mentioned with the Tornados at all

the Idea that the tornado embodies was an airframe capable of using a bunch of new smart ammunition, which were seen as the future of airborne combat at the time it was designed and thus not much time was invested into making it compatible with all those old unguided weapons

the IDS tornado was supposed to be a precision weapon that should never come too close to ground combat where Napalm and rockets would’ve been useful

1 Like

How are those comparable to Taurus or Storm Shadows tho

There is/was a glide bomb developed by Diehl that could be added to the Tornado, the HOPE/HOSBO, but there seems to be very little info about it online

And they should be able to carry GBU-54s

1 Like

The early standoff GPS guided cruise missile short-range because range lower 100 km.

But Taurus it’s advanced standoff guided Air-to-Ground munitions and long-range

Yup, the Taurus has up to 500km range, but even the early low range cruise missiles have too much range for most of the currently available maps

2 planes*

Also not comparable to the taurus lol, unless they limit it’s range to 60-80km max.

1 Like

Not like it would make a difference with the current ground RB map sizes. The speed is probably more important there, which IIRC was still below Mach for the Taurus. I could be wrong tho

Mach 0.95 afaik

as long as the GPS designation system in game stays the same the range is limited to the range of your designator pod which barely exceeds 20km

Why bro, just do a square orbit around the entire Denmark map first. 4x 128km.

1 Like

model it like the blue shell from Mario kart

1 Like

Ahem, please allow me to plug my suggestion here

2 Likes

I mentioned it earlier in the discussion

The NL was the 2nd graph it just wasn’t labeled :/

Yeah the people around that region statistically know the most languages on average, so pretty cool

1 Like

Except they are all the same (afaik), so i don’t really see the point to give more than the French one.

I don’t think that Taurus and Stormshadow/SCALP EG have something to do ingame (but would be nice to have them).

Something that could be slightly more usefull (but hard to use) and i would like it is the BAP100

Résumé

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5ziCpXxkE

1 Like

As I’ve said, the game needs proper targets for that kind of weapon to really make sense.

A new, more complex EC mode would be ideal as it would allow multiple kinds of new weapons and mechanics to be implemented (HARMs, stand-off weapons, earthquake bombs, bouncing bombs, etc. All the fun stuff that wouldn’t make sense to have in ground battles and regular ARB)

1 Like

Gaijin should really made EC mode a constant one available for everybody (air and navy at least) and use that for developing more target/gamemode.

1 Like

Well… Barham’s grind was a waste of time.

Just 28 GJCs on the Marketplace.

I have no idea how Mississippi is 70+ while Barham dropped from 60+ to barelt 30, just like happened with Renown…

I guess people have no interest on the British tree, while the American one is overrated because of the general expectation that “since it’s U.S, it will be good”.

I hope the next event vehicle is more successful on the Marketplace xd.

1 Like