Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

9 Likes

I mean that isn’t true if what all the british and German mains have been telling about ASRAAM/IRIS-T lol.

Then again nation mains aren’t the best source of unbiased info.

1 Like

The “It’s just a big F-16” attitude is scary…

F-2 is an aircraft with significantly more lift, much higher pitch autority and much lower stall speed than the F-16s, with maneuver enhancement and decoupled yaw otherwise found on F-22 and F-35, yet somehow I feel like there is actually a chance that all it will be in game is a slower F-16.
I really hope DMM steps in to do F-2 research, since that seems to be the only reliable way for it to actually be what it’s supposed to be.

I mean it’s nice to get F-2 earlier I guess, but if it’s only a fat F-16 I don’t really see why I would even want it… I’d rather wait longer for a proper aircraft.

9 Likes

Is this a new bug?

Spoiler

2 Likes

No, someone just gave the hamster wrong food.

4 Likes

when you look at other nation’s top tier (looks at Köln , HMS Leopard , aniting rusian , etc … specificly) you could say your options are a bit underguned for 4.3/4.7 (they nice tho dont get me wrong).

but i would say more try to implement something with more punch like :

Maillé-Brézé (D627)(1968)

• 2 x 100 mm gun (3.9 in) Modèle 1953
  • 1 Malafon launcher (tbf dont expect to se this be operable in game any time soon)
  • sextuple 375 mm ASM rocket launcher
  • 6 x 550 mm torpedo tubes (III x 2)
  • 2 x 20 mm Oerlikon Mk 4 cannon

altought it was originaly a T47/ Surcouf class , it got a more mordenised equipement than it’s brothers , altought they are totaly correct options as well , for exemple :

surcouf (D621)(1954)

https://youtu.be/gXp69szqk9o

• 6 × 127 mm (5 in) guns (3 × 2)
  • 6 × 57mm/60 modèle 1951 guns (3 twin turrets)
  • 4 × 20 mm (0.79 in) guns (4 × 1)
  • 6 × 550 mm (22 in) short-tubes for anti-submarine torpedo (2 × 3)
  • 6 × 550 mm (22 in) long-tubes for dual purpose : anti-ship and anti-submarine torpedo (2 × 3)

you could put also the 1961 refit version , if you feel like it was a bit otherkill

surcouf (D621) (1961)

still for the T-47 cless you also have the option of :

Bouvet (D624) post retrofit "TARTAR"

the E-50/52/Le-Corse Class are also good option’s with :

Le Corse(F761)

• 2 × 20 mm (0.79 in) guns (4 × 1)
  • 12 x 550 mm torpedo tubes (III x 4)

or

Le Gascon (F767)

just a diferent layout

or even

Le Brestois (F762)

• 1 x 100 mm gun (3.9 in) Modèle 1953
  • 4 × 57mm/60 modèle 1951 guns (2 twin turrets)

or you could go simple and find the closest equivalent in my opinion to Köln , it being :

suffren (D602)(1967)

• 2 x 100 mm gun (3.9 in) Modèle 1953
  • 1 Malafon launcher (13 in total)
  • 48 × Masurca surface-to-air missiles (DRBR 51 guided) twin launcher
  • 10 × L5 anti-submarine torpedoes
  • 4 × 12.7 mm machine gun
additionnal info

Fire control was via the DRBI 23 3D radar for air search/tracking housed in a massive radome that dominated the ship’s silhouette. The Suffren class also mounted DRBN 32, DRBV 50, two DRBR 51 and DRBC 32A radars. For anti-submarine warfare, they were equipped with DUBV 23 hull-mounted sonar and DUBV 43 towed variable depth sonar. For electronic defence, the vessels initially mounted the Syllex chaff system. The SENIT I tactical data system coordinated sensor data.[1]

and

suffren (D602)("2001"/end of life)

• 2 x 100 mm gun (3.9 in) Modèle 1964
  • 1 Malafon launcher (13 in total)
  • 48 × Masurca surface-to-air missiles (DRBR 51 guided) twin launcher
  • 4 × MM38 Exocet anti-ship missiles
  • 10 × L5 anti-submarine torpedoes
  • 4 × 20 mm cannons
  • 4 × 12.7 mm machine gun
additionnal info

In 1977 to 1979, the MM38 Exocet anti-ship missile system was fitted to Suffren .[1] The ship carried four missiles.[5] The Masuraca system was upgraded between 1982–1985.[1] Suffren had its DRBV 50 radar replaced with the advanced DRBV 15 system in 1989–1990 while also having its DRBC 32A gunfire control radar replaced with the newer DRBC 33A system. Furthermore during that refit, the Syllex outfit was replaced with the Dagaie and Sagaie electronic countermeasures systems. Additionally four single-mounted 20 mm (0.79 in) cannon were fitted two to each side of the ship abaft the DRBC 33A radar.[1][4]

3 Likes

looks like the Hamsters took some mushrooms

tbh I want to see this lmao

1 Like

I mean, without completely demeaning your point, I don’t think it really matters too much, if we’re going down the road of Flare Resistance… since they’re all reasonably resistant anyway

While I have no idea about IRIS-T, if MBDA aren’t blatantly lying, it would appear it’s probably one of the scarier IR missiles for range - smokeless motor, as well as a very high speed. It also by the looks of it has D/L too.
IMG_8423

(Hint: why do you think, other than ITAR restrictions (which are just Americans being political), we would want to get rid of the American components on ASRAAM? It’s not as if we’re mass exporting it now we’re at Blk.6)

If it does turn out that ASRAAM > AIM-9X, guess what?
It’s been test fired off of the Legacy Hornet and F-16! The Americans could have it too not if we Brits get anything to say about it

1 Like

I would be fine with no tested weapons or seriously limiting it, but I think it should be done the same over all nations.

Plenty of vehicles that have flares, CAS weaponry or even air to air weapons that they only tested. Either you apply a rule of “no tested weaponry” to everyone or to no one.

At first I thought my gpu was dead then I realised I dont even have a gpu 😂

2 Likes

Ground Power Unit? Me neither. Always start the turbine by having a hamster run through it like a hamsterwheel.

2 Likes

Tbh I’m glad that not just me who are having issues though that gray screen can be down to windows forced updating which made my PC to overheat

I expect in some day this targeting pod instead AN/AAQ-28(V)2 Litening II for F-16C Block 50

Spoiler

Ah yes, the Bumblebee logic 😂

1 Like

Exactly. I mean, I (British purist me) want to irrationally go “nuh uh, ASRAAM in British tree only” but equally there was a point where the Americans were going to use it. Just Raytheon/assorted others essentially went and cried hard enough to congress such that they went back on themselves.

I’ve no idea really about how AIM-9X Block 2 (is it Blocks you do 9X versions in?) actually measures up to ASRAAM, at best all I can do is conjecture.

As far as I’m concerned, the only fairly sensible takeaway is ASRAAM goes a hell of a lot faster, has a different seeker to 9X (Blk.6 ASRAAM) which is probably comparable if not better.

(Not that seekerhead matters much, provided you’re not shot in the front aspect you’re pretty much guaranteed to die with such weapons, and even in the front, the odds ain’t great)

1 Like

Yeah, those are good options, but I wouldn’t expect these in the coastal TT, but rather in the Bluewater TT for most of them (like the Brestois, Le-corse, all the T-47 classes, etc.), but I’ve not heard about the Maillé-Brézé, nice find!

Fun fact about Maillé-Brézé: she starred in the film “Dunkirk” (2017), as some of the British destroyers in the operation!

9X block 2, IRIS-T, AAM-5B, Phython-5 and ASRAAM are all about equally scary missile. MICA IR is about on the same level as a very late R-73 early R-74. Still scary missiles but def no the the scariest anymore, hence why replacements for those two (mica and r74) are in development.

When it comes to ARH missiles… Brother this game aint ready yet for whats out there 😅

1 Like

Airfield to airfield combat with meteor when? 😜

4 Likes