Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

Its gonna take 3 years til top tier naval made it to the end of WW2. Perhaps by then Britain will get its KGV.

Good time to use my line up then hehe

Thats a good idea, i may buy the hedgehog as well, but I am more inclined to use 5.3

1 Like

Silkworm is likely an exception to that.

The Crusader’s and the Hurricane with the 40mm are just blatant sea clubbing. lol
For it to work you just need to spawn in the Hedgehog at any point in the battle for the points to be counted.

I’m gonna swap the SARC out for something else idk what though

Btw if anyone is wondering how the subtree could look like then you can check this thread. Even if we exclude copy paste ground vehicles still there will be at least 50 unique ground vehicles which is probably enough for filling some gaps.

2 Likes

SPAA Crusader thingy?

Is that good ? and that at 3.0 m8

Ah… and I dont know, I never play that low :D

1 Like

Low tier you get more kills there for more score

Does it even count for the event that low?

If you spawn the event vehicle at least once then all the match score you do get pulled into that event.
That’s how I understand it, so if you don’t spawn the event vehicle at all then it doesn’t count towards the event.

Ah, I assumed it was only score earnt in that event vehicle

I’m not fully convinced though the P-15/HY-1/Silkworm likely stands the best chance of any ASHM due to the warhead weight.

A 500kg hollow charge warhead means the explosion firstly is directed and therefore is likely not enough to get through 12-18 inches of battleship armour and pure HE effect wouldn’t kill the ship as its not below the waterline, by the magazines and won’t be impacting the weaker deck armour as it will be coming from the horizontal plane.

For reference the TU-2’s FAB 1000kg bomb with ~450kg of TNT filler (keeping in mind P-15 afaik doesn’t use a TNT filler so explosive equivalent is likely closer to this) has landed next to me and has not killed me in HMS Hood, further ships only improve anti torpedo protection and thereby underwater protection, belt impacts are virtually not even considered to be threats even from torpedo’s with warheads similar to those on P-15.

Plus

=

Yea I thought the same too until I seen this video

Spoiler

This text will be hidden

1 Like

Which is why I specified Capital ship

Which is the word to refer to what would have been called Dreadnoughts in the 1910’s.

Batlleships, Fast Battleships and Battlecruisers that have 380mm of armour rather than 38mm. And displace 40,000+ tonnes rather than 7,000.

After WW2 armour essentially dissapeared in exchange for compartmentalisation and firefighting and speed. Ironically, some naval historians argue there could be a shift back towards heavier armouring of critical areas now ASHM’s are considered to be un-interceptable.

1 Like

a “Modern” destroyer is very different to a WW1/WW2 BB

I know, I know, I just like to poke the British about it whenever I can ;)

1 Like

But we already have it in the game😁