Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

RowieK’s ground wishlist:

M38 Wolfhound
M38 (75mm)
15 cm schwere Panzerhaubitze auf Fahrgestell Panzerkampfwagen III/IV (Sf.) “Hummel”
TOS-1 “BURATINO”: Heavy MLRS Flamethrower Artillery Tank
TRACER SIKA
ALL LOWER TIER JAPANESE VEHICLES
O-I heavy tank
Type 4 Ho-To
NORINCO 6x6 CS / VP16B, Multi-purpose all-terrain vehicles (ALL VARIANTS)
OTO-Melara Palmaria 155mm Self-propelled Howitzer
Panhard Sphinx
UDES XX 20
Tankette fm/49 10,5 cm Haubits
Tridon: wheeled 40 mm L/70
Bill Under Pansar
IMI/Soltam Sholef V2
Plasan ATeMM-T
Pereh ATGM Tank (please give us this one)
Sabra Mark II Iron Fist

1 Like
Spoiler

Tracer Sika is Inferior to the Lancer FMP with mega radar on its rear… also no Israeli IFVs man?

Most ASMs they could add to the game would actually struggle against anything with decent armor. Like a good number of light cruisers particularly US ones have enough belt armor that they could ank something like an exocet pretty well. DDs on the other hand would be squishy but that is the case for them vs most things already so meh…The only ASMs that would be a threat to well armored ships would be something like P-1000 or other large asms with SAP or HEAT warheads.

Though personally I am expecting more ships with SAMs like the bravy more than anything.

1 Like

we are not getting mlrs bro

especially not thermobaric (we all know how it went)

Sir, please use this topic for wishlisting

1 Like

Nelson and Rodney which were arguably better better than their interwar competitors
Nelson-class battleship - Wikipedia

There is also the Lion class which was laid down and I believe more complete than Kronshtadt
Lion-class battleship - Wikipedia

There is the G3 Class which the UK’s leading naval historians have asserted were laid down.

G3" project battlecruisers (4)

And finally there is a late Lion Class which would be an accepted suggestion as guns were made and indeed 8 guns more ordered.
Lion Class Preliminary Design 16E-38 by Tzoli on DeviantArt

The UK actually has the most classes of 16-inch ship applicable to the game as of current. (Edit: this is false, the US wins by one class.)

Germany can receive H-39.

2 Likes

Well I was under the impression that it won’t be here for a good while at least till the other half of this year.

Since it’s basically been taken there, how about fuel-air-bombs? They come as low a 500kg’s and could make an otherwise lack-luster CAS option, like the Su-24, interesting if it was the only plane with that ordnance.

No, the US does by a narrow margin. Britain does however beat Japan.

1 Like

Ahh shit, in my mind the US 16-inch standards fit as one ship I forget there are 2 the Colorado and the NoCal’s.

Still, as you said its not like the UK has nothing.

One Colorado class (4 ships) and one South Dakota (1920) class (6 ships), I understand the confusion though they do look very similar. Standard types after New York do look more or less the same after all.

Anyway, the main idea being everyone except for Italy and France has at least one 16-inch battleship, with some even having ships with a little bit more gun.

1 Like

Yup, its a shame the Alsace was never finalised, Italy just hasn’t got anything post-Littorio, not even a paper design from what I can see.

But that’s not something that can be helped, however that is why I think they should have complete trees now, before they can’t have anything to compete, i’d rather Scharn was swapped for something broken of Italian/French origin as at least they can have their moment of Glory before they can’t compete.

France and Italy aren’t necessarily going to be uncompetitive. Their guns and protection are still really good. The real problem is that France, Italy, Russia, and Germany will only have 3-4 ships each, all but the German ships will be of the same class.

I wondering if the IJN 16-inch gun RPM is over 2r/m? it seems OP

Can be up to 2.5 RPM depending on the year. Originally they were 1.5RPM.

Also depends on the angle of elevation.

Open ended question, do they even model angle of elevation RoF or do they just average it?

Original mounts on Nagato and Mutsu were only ~1.5. Redesigned mounts had 2.5 at lower elevations.

2 Likes

From German 15-inch guns, it seems they will choose the average. But most of time they will choose the fast one( like Kirov)

I think in their era’s Richelieu and Littorio will be formidable. I do think however once you par them vs something like an Iowa, G3/Lion, their advantages just start to cease to exist.

Russia I also think will get some of that Russian bias on the Sovetsky.

AFAIK only 2 of the German H-class battleships are viable which is H-39 and H-40 ordered to the same design. H-41 onwards are illegitimate designs which could be added if Gaijin loosened requirements but also I dread to think of what Soviet, British and Japanese designs could be dredged up if they went that far.