Major Update "Firebirds" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Yeah but they Fire and forget mode will ruin tank battles

Sadly not. Which is why we wanted to write in as much detail as possible why it’s not balanced at all in game in a mode like that.

Brimstone aside, the aircraft also has several other new weapon types like Paveway IV and EGBU-24B.

7 Likes

it’s laser guided so there is no possiblity this will happen

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1gb2uln/gaijin_made_a_mistake/

Didn’t someone post the same image yesterday with the intent of making it look like a real update?

I swear I saw the exact same thing posted, and now Reddit is believing that it is real.

2 Likes

Anyway, the leak list was right yet again.

12 Likes

Also ePaveways. How is this going to work:

selectable mode or just laser+IOG?

After 2 teamkills, kick from the game. No real consequences? I don’t get why are you adding to the game something, that has almost nothing to do with what it actually represents.

That’s understandable, but maybe the devs could reconsider the max range of laser designation then ? It is currently set to 15km if memory serves.

Making it to 20 by clear weather could give it a boost while not being ahistorical as far as i know ?

1 Like

guys no one cares about the tornado
WHEN THE TRAILER COMIN OUT?

7 Likes

There is a word to describe this decision, known by many. I’ll let you guess what it is. Of course, the kh38 family of missiles can be implemented exactly as it is meant to be historically.

1 Like

Wait and see til the datamined cruise missile be the new OP missile better than the kh-38mt while brimstones have been gimped

wonder if the 2000D RMV will bring any new weapons like AASM or just be a side grade to the 5F

2 Likes

Get it, but the description as to why it’s not getting its other mode is there aren’t counter systems to be able to use that mode, A GAIJIN PROBLEM, not a historical problem, shouldn’t counters be added alongside, instead of you know, another Russian premium tank?

1 Like

they mentioned it has GPS guidance, maybe its laser guided until the moment the laser lock is broken?

As much as I’d love to use brimstone to it’s full capability I understand the reason behind it, I do hope we would get arh mode for air RB but I understand technical limitations. Still gonna grind the plane since I’m hoping for asraam I a couple of updates time

is the word “Bias”?

Inb4 the trailer drops and the F15E has AGM130s and the Su34 has 6 KH38s.

Because you know, balance.

Thats just IOG. not really laser guided and if you drop onto a second then surely the laser will just distract the first?

Nah, arh mode would be too much

No. It describes certain inabilities to process information or otherwise physical inability.