Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Manchester has a few and its not too far off Wales and most importantly its not Birmingham or London…

Japan has been bitten more than once with both the F-2/FSX development debacle, as well as the refusal of the US to import the F-22 to close allies such as itself.

They still see the need to ensure compatibility with US systems, hence the adoption of F-35/AIM-120s/Aegis/etc., but Japan also sees the importance of developing domestic capabilities that won’t be subject to the decision of the US/other countries.

4 Likes

I’m honestly being a little sarky, I live just outside Bristol so Cardiff isn’t a pain to get to if the Severn tunnel is open that is. I’m just miffed the one in Bristol is closed, only option left there is Waterstones who don’t have a great selection if you’re more into niche manga genres.

A selling point of GCAP is the software suite is very flexible, so purchasers can very easily customise the aircraft to their local needs.

1 Like

I just hope they don’t do the “first Dev Blog, then 9 days for the second one” thing they’ve done a few times already xD

If it begins, let it actually begin!

1 Like

The Japanese acquired 13 French Renault FT tanks in 1919, take it or leave it lmao. /s

I did a quick look, but the only real collab I could find between Japan and France in terms of jets was making a super sonic passenger jet back in 2005, was supposed to be similar to the Concorde.
But apart from that, all France and Japan have done were mostly flight exercises

2 Likes

I’m sad that Germany didn’t buy Mirages instead of the infamous widowmakers (F-104), but Lockheed just had too much money left to bribe multiple nations into buying something that wasn’t even filling those nations’ needs

Also RIP F-11F-1F Super Tiger and Saunders Roe S.R.177, both projects had no chance against Lockheeds pockets

During the negotiations the French explicitly wanted a less powerful engine because they wanted a smaller / lighter aircraft, and generally had slightly lower performance goals than the other four nations.

1 Like

Kinda ironic because they would end up with the highest MTOW of the resultant aircraft.

Also i think when i broke it down, XG40/EJ200 wasnt significantly larger in volume than the Scencma M88.

either, way the first dev blog might finaly reveal which boxer is meaned, one way or another

The empty weight of the Rafale is lower than that of Eurofighter though. The flight performance is also a bit lower than Eurofighters.

So it seems the general theme from the initial negotiations did carry over.

2 Likes

Speaking of major updates- I really hope they update the engine so that every ambience/lighting looks, at very least, as good as this one in particular:

I can’t explain why, but these conditions just look mighty good compared to clearer and more basic ones. Something about the way light “interacts” with everything and “merges” it all together.

On clearer conditions, I feel like many textures divert too abruptly or something?

4 Likes

Cough cough
One way clouds
Cough cough

1 Like

They have GOT to go.

Its ridiculous you’re just going to impair the vision of one player and not the other.

2 Likes

What did i miss

Well, there is still French territories and people in the Pacific area (~ 1.65 million French people in indo-pacific).
We always need some things there.

That’s why the AUKUS submarine drama was terrible. It could have reinforced our needs and presence here.

Who killed the Mirage 4000 project in your opinion? x)

It was about to find a buyer, US goes ‘No way i’m gonna let a potential F-15 replacement alive’, and opened sells for their planes that was closed before.

Ally101

2 Likes

I genuinely hope some sort of US SPAA is datamined.
I actually despise talking to US mains.
Found one that insists the US needs the Skink because “It’s based on the Sherman”
“Oh, well the US can get it because it’s a Sherman”
No? The US didn’t order or operate a single Skink. With the whole “it’s a Sherman”, give the British Firefly to the US tree then.

I despise US mains, please let someone find an SPAA for them in the files, please I’m begging.

1 Like

I would love to see the Ft-17 it’s such an iconic tank.
Isn’t there a variant with a 20mm or is that a Fantasy vehicle?

All mains are bad, just because it was inspired doesn’t mean belongs.

In that case we should get the P-51 since it was an aircraft made for us at the start lol

2 Likes

And i’m still waiting my Skink ! Smaller, quicker, baguette smell, it’s just perfect !

Where is it Gaijin ?!

9 Likes

Oh no, this US main is genuinely one of the most despicable and miserable creatures I have met.
I said that the US should get the Firefly or the M-51 Super Sherman then because “it’s a Sherman”.
He even said he doesn’t know what vehicles the US even uses and he doesn’t really care about logic. He says, and I quote “I see Sherman, I think USA”

Holy fuck I despise people.

4 Likes