Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Not quite, GCAP combines the F-X and tempest projects, tempest was a conventional layout before GCAP

The Gov commissioned a defence review and don’t want to seem like they won’t listen to it (the current gov is running under the gimmick of building public trust etc etc), however it’s almost always the same civil servants and experts doing the defence review and they where very positive on the programme in last years defence review. So in all probability the programme will survive unscathed.

1 Like

Good to know, as an Italian it would be nice to develop something instead of always relying on the US.

Won’t have to wait long, supposedly should have an airworthy demonstrator by 2027

1 Like

Fingers crossed

None of those new/next gen 6 plane/project looks as good as 4.5+ and older plane for me.

Like if they lack “soul”.

unfortunately stealth is a solved game, follow the rules and you’d be fine. leads to everything looking the same

2 Likes

I mean apart from the Su-57 the 5th gens all have similar characteristics, stealth is indeed a solved game.

Till radars upgrade too and stealth become irrelevant.

1 Like

Doubt the MKI as that would have PESA which i doubt they will be adding

MiG-29 SMT also has PESA

no it is PD

Zhuk-M is a PD radar their is a PESA version but that has never been used

Eh, that’ll never happen to be honest, to simply put it stealth tech works by breaking the send/return loop that radars function on, very hard to counter. It’s easier to use IRSTs, especially with stuff that supercruises.

They are working on upgrading their MiG-29s with PESA radars, but the SMT (at least the variant in-game) doesn’t have one

Who know, perhaps in the future we gonna found other way to spot planes than using radars loop.

Pretty sure the in-game one has N010M which is mechanically scanning PESA

It being mechanically scanning means it isn’t PESA

Nah, N010M/Zulk-M(E) is a mechanically scanned slotted array
The PESA variants where the Zulk-MS(E)/Zulk-F/Zulk-PH none of which where adopted anywhere iirc

I mean it should be electronically vertical scanning and mechanically horizontal scanning iirc

Stealth doesn’t hide you from RADAR. Lots of things can detect stealth what it does is greatly reduce the distances you can be engaged from.
That Su-35 can see you from 40 miles but cant shoot you.

1 Like