Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Ok so did I miss any good leaks in the last 3000 posts? Besides the base leak list we have now obviously

2 Likes

nope

Honestly im just as excited about the retroactive options for earlier SAMs, like KUB or HAWK. Maybe even an S-125 or some sort.

my point is that I dont see why they should nerf our literally best cas option with out nerfing everyone else, because CAS is like the one thing the UK has at top tier where it can be argued they could be better then pretty much everyone else

RNZAF failed F-16 for Britain plz lol

/s

unless SEAD is implemented, no

These things outrange KH38s by a significant margin

so you keep saying false things ? you cant use 4 kh38 and 4 kh 25, not to mention that the later are regular laser guided missiles with a 10km range, not f&f missiles that can be lunched all at once

2 Likes

No you missed a butt ton of arguments & Debates.

4 Likes

Yes… Though whilst the Su-25SM3 is 11.7. I’m guessing something like the Tornado Gr4 would be more like 12.7 for ground if it had Brimstones. If compared to current aircraft at that BR like the F-16C with 6x AGM-65s, The Tornado is a fraction of the performance in the ability to dodge SAMs. Brimstones optimistically would have a range of 20km, but Id guess youd find yourself easily in range of any current SPAA before you could fire, likely down to 12km. Im doubting we’d get the area search functionality of true Brimstones, and instead the dual mode, “man in the middle” functionality.

At which point, is say 12x AGMs actually that powerful. its tough to say at the moment. With much better SAMs at top tier, 18 then starts to look reasonable too

1 Like

Please approve my pending suggestion 🙂

2 Likes

sorry my bad I thought you could mount four Kh38 and Kh25s but my point is I dont think they should ahistoically nerf the harrier if they dont then ahistorally nerf every other top tier plane with cas

Remind me to do my montfalcone 4900 ton cruiser suggestion for china pls i keep forgetting.

1 Like

The team size at top tier is 16V16 last I checked, you’re talking about the ability to nuke an most if not the entire team from outside the range of all SAMs in the game currently in all weather conditions. That’s pretty OP. Asking for limitations is reasonable.

2 Likes

Aspide would be ok for now, but idk how to implement that since it supposed to be stationary battery consisted of multiple towed trailers.
Other options are MEI Mirador-Eldorado-Indigo (2 vehicles: launcher and radar) and Romanian OSA-AKM).
Plus there is also Iveco Polyphem Carrier, which can work as SAM.

The suspected countermeasure-switching texts:

Also we should keep in mind that F&F missiles arent always going to be this bad. At one point they will be as viable as the manual ones or even better.

1 Like

I guess the part where you are gonna need more then likely 2 missiles per kill, not to mention there are already planes that can do that, look at the F16C it can in a good flight pick up 8 kills with 2 LGB and 6 mavricks yet the idea of on average getting 9 kills is to much now? not to mention you most likely will have to be with in sam range because gaijin will most likly have added better sams

only the pantsir would actually be a thread in this scenario… as most spaag can shoot over 12km to begin with, also you keep having 2 or 3 times the amount of missiles than the f16 has the tornado would still be way more powerful. not to mention that at which br would you put the gr9?

1 Like

Whilst id not have issue with a cap in Ground modes. Id hope somehow to not have a cap in air modes. Busting convoys in SB is why I want Brimstones and that would suck with only 6 missiles.

This is where id want a SP cost overhaul for ground. maybe 6x Brimstones cost the current amount for AGMs, but 12 would cost double that amount and 18 same increase again. So the SP cost for 18 brimstones was huge

so… youre asuming that the maverick always one shot? do we play the same game at this point