Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

To be fair those should be filtered out for being too bright.

1 Like

Ho-Ri, J2Y2 Kai, T-80U, Mi-28A, and there are controversial ones, F-16AJ and stuff. If these standards work, then where is the centauro lancia?

ho-ri was misconception done by misinformation mainly by the main source since it was the only source at the moment, R2Y2 barely even made it as prototype; and R2Y2 KAI was planned but only put in paper Gaijin did it at the moment because japan had and still has a massive lack in top-tier planes, It is somewhat justifiable since at that time everyone started to have jets. The T80U together with the MI28A, was trialed in Sweden, and its not hard to find them and has been used before in various posts around the forums.

In hindsight they should have saved the XF-2A with APG-68 for last December update while everyone else got F-15As. Then the F-15J MSIP when everyone else got their F-15Cs.

The way they’re doing it is kind of weird because the next logical step is the F-15J MSIP given ARH focus, but they skipped over the SARH focused XF-2A and F-2A early. I would highly doubt they’d skip right to the F-2 late with AAM-4A either.

Not to mention we have Thai stuff thrown in the mix which muddies the water in what Gaijin will do.

3 Likes

It looks like one of my countries traditional dishes, just random shit thrown in.

Spoiler

My autism kicked in and I read the start of the new BP as the 22nd, so I just wasted 2500GE.

Bruh you poor soul

1 Like

You not the only one I thought it was today too. Although I didn’t spend the GE.

The thing is that Sweden gets the margin of trialled and tested much more than other trees, as well as leeways about information. China once got hands on a handful of T-80Us and T-72Ss as firepower testing, so what about these? Granted that we arent a fan of copypastes sure.
The US has a good amount of captured German and later Soviet designs. Sure, these are copypastes, but a T-90A would not be too much to ask for.
I am very fine of Sweden getting KT however, mostly to see what reactions will be done. I dont play Sweden so might sell the vehicle.

yeah its understandable on this part, i havent seen china put their hands on any T80 except for the reporters on an T80U from iraq that was send there by the USSR and stood there to rot

they like to latch onto people who even dare think about saying that something is coming without proof

1 Like

IR PGM please

>“removed texts”

I was just asking a question; calm down.

I’d say the difference is Sweden lacks the amount of alternatives China would have. This would probably even upset Chinese players if Gaijin just added some Russian tech that is worse than the Chinese tech they could’ve gotten (see TOR-M1)

All of the vehicles listed had a certain pattern to them:

• Ho-Ri; Prototype added due to the information of a prototype being started existing at the time. This was implemented in the current design as it wasn’t known which would’ve been constructed, thus leading to a vehicle we now know never left the drawing board instead of the correct Ho-Ri variant that would qualify for unfinished prototype. The Production tank is a fabrication, picked as Gaijin was lacking a top tier vehicle for their upcoming Japanese ground tech tree. Supposedly the old consultant was pressured into making it.
  • R2Y2 Kai; All R2Y2s come from a time when rank 5 was top tier, and these would be needed to fill the otherwise very empty space at the end of the Japanese tree.
  • T-80U (SWE); Gaijin wanted a top tier squadron vehicle notably different from the usual Leopards, Sweden tested the tank. The only alternatives I’d know of would be other trialed tanks that would also end up at a higher BR.
  • Mi-28A (SWE); Gaijin wanted a helicopter tree premium, while they already had to rely on a trial AH-64 for the main tree. Sweden simply lacks helicopters and this was once again likely the only option.
  • F-16AJ; I don’t agree with how it’s implemented at all (not actually being the AJ, but a Gaijin fabrication and all that), but I agree why it was picked. Japan’s top tier was a Phantom against F-16s, as well as there being no guided weapons carrier in the tree. The only thing I’d have done differently here (apart from following the actual AJ design) is given Britain something comparable, being in essentially the same situation.

It’s a last ditch effort available to all nations if Gaijin feels like it. It’s not like the AJ suggestion for example was accepted, IIRC it was deleted for not meeting requirements. It’s all up to Gaijin to decide whether to implement these once they fell there is a need for it.
I’d also wish for some more clear cut rules, but here we are, at the will of the snail.

Anyways the AJ addition really upset me and somehow still does, so I’m not defending everything Gaijin does. But I still wouldn’t say a Chinese T-80 or T-72 would be needed over more interesting and probably also better Chinese tanks that you do have as alternative, and much of them than there were alternatives for any of the listed vehicles.

Everyone just calm down, take these back and forths to private chat please. Last night ended with you guys back and frothing and came back this morning to it still going on.
At the risk of being drawn in this is the first and last I’ll say of it.

PSA: With live on 2.35.1.59, the four vehicles can now be test driven by everyone.

5 Likes

Tiger II kill german Tiger II, insults in chat begins

1 Like

on a side not, if the F4EJ Kai is the Super phantom then what are F4F-ICE and F4E (Peace Ikarus)?

Supreme Phantoms.