Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

I’ll always prefer rank one tree first.

But then again you all know my most wanted nation(s) anyways.

I don’t mind half-tree one day but not now with so many WW2 possible trees and vehicle families missing.

1 Like

There should be a theme when it some to these kind of things.

Sub nation, Half nation and then a Full nation.

Idk about yearly since this would be too much but over 2 years it would be a fine pattern

1 Like

I’m up for a rotation.

personally, I think both a new tree and sub-tree could be done in the same year.

but it’s more likely a rotation like that would happen over a 3-year period unless they do it like this:

Sub nation, Full nation, Sub nation, half-nation.

a 4-year period over 3.

1 Like

Yep just having a Half nation then, Sub, sub, and could be another sub. is just too many in a small space continually is just too much.

Don’t get me wrong I love nations gonna get a chance to be represented.
But with no breaks or full nations being added it’s taking a toll.

1 Like

Chinese players are playing the exact same game with us since the Tencent servers shut down in 2022. (Unofficially even before that.)

1 Like

at that time, no China TT, so mainly a soviet c&p
and I can promise no Chinese player is againse about ROC in China TT

I can tell you not even clicked on China

3 Likes

I was under the impression they had some flags changed around in their localization. Like the Japanese flag being the Hinomaru instead of the rising sun for legal reasons and Chinese flags just all being PRC.

Was that just a Tencent server thing?

I mean, in Tencent server. That time, there are no Chinese TT in official servier. but Tencent server has one, and most are USSR C&P with little change.

Ah right I thought you meant now as you know how players use the C&P term without saying what it means.

As a super opponent of C&P, I promise I would not do such silly thing

Maybe some ROC players, but at this point most players got used to a “combined China”. But that’s also why I’d prefer “combined Korea” tree.

1 Like

indeed it’s looking like the sub-tree only people are winning.

I used to be fine with a Canadian sub-tree in the UK but as of lately, sub-trees have begun looking like a bad way for your nation to get added if you want your nation’s unique stuff. I’m worried I won’t see most of the Ram variants or even the LAVs or even the unique aircraft with a sub-tree.

It’s why I’m anti-multi nation trees with what the sub-trees have shown. despite the desire being: “more nations = less C&P” it would end up being: “more nations = more C&P”. as they have more options to take C&P from.

2 Likes

Well there would be some good news if they do end up adding Korea.

At least players can’t leak classified documents from the North

2 Likes

Or can they?

11 Likes

Asian players of warthunder tends to be younger, and trying to agitate their nationalist sentiments will get money. There are certain a lot work to be done modelling - arguably as much as Sweden, but most of them will feature similar stats and would be easy to balance. For example, the K30 Biho and K-SAM pegasus are effectively gepard and ITO 90M on a K200 chassis, which in itself was similar to the M113. The bulsae-3 ATGM, featured on multiple MBTs, are effectively 9M133 kornets.

Warthunder has already featured a lot of modern mainstream designs now, approaching more and more into the modern era, it is undoubtably that we will see more and more vehicle designs that are a hybrid of different nations. The K2 is one of the best examples, combining America designs, German gun and software from France and Israel, and this is why it is able to strike export deals to Poland because all of the parts are available in nato, when an inevitable war was sparked on the Korean peninsula.
With very few exceptions dictated by doctrines, such as the strive for all-terrain capablities for China, airlift potentials and long service range by France, or mountain capabilities of Japan, tank designers will always try to use what is ready to go.

Why?
China still has billions of vehicles they haven’t added, enough to make a tree the size of a major one, so clearly they don’t need it
Considering you suggest adding SK to China, I doubt you care about IRL politics, so why not add SK to Japan?
Keep in mind I’m not saying SK should go to Japan, I just want to understand why you think it’s okay for them to go to China, but not Japan

1 Like

The server was always severly delayed, when it shut down, Italian top tier was still considered to be overpowered afaik.
When people tell me to get back id say lead me back to that patch.
Also all vehicles including TT ones are up for purchase in certain events. 45 bucks to get a free AH-1Z and 60 bucks for an OBJ279. Everything was purchasable in certain times and their price tag rediculously cheap. 70 dollars is like a whole L2A5 and UHT.

I never played it so cant confirm tho, thats what people who played it says