Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

That still does not make it a sub-tree

There has been no announcement for Argentina as a sub-tree, unlike with all other formal ones.
Additionally, the Argentinian vehicles in game all have a German basis and thus could be justified as an addition there without any mental gymnastics.
The only exception is the Argentinian SK-105, but that’s really more a case of it’s own with how that happened

Ironic

For ground air had got some room and need more content.

But it is Ironic how people suddenly don’t want more sub trees even though people only a month ago.
Saying they want more sub trees rather than nations

1 Like

Why are developers limited to just 5 lines?

You would tend to believe that restructuring the Tech Tree would enhance the game’s current playable state ?

Would love Separate Lines, Trainers , Light attack, Fighters, Strike Aircraft, Bombers etc etc

People think sub-trees will only bring the unique stuff and no C&P or If it’s someone else MBT/Airplane it should go to the nation that made it away from the sub-tree.

It took 2 C&P sub-trees to prove they were wrong.

It’s why I’m against trees made up of lots of nations as Gaijin has shown they’ll always pick C&P first and more options for C&P the lest likely the unique stuff would come.

1 Like

Smin/Dev answer.

2 Likes

And Germany have less than France? lol

If Swiss and Belgium are illogical for France it’s the same for Germany.

How could France have enough across the board but not Germany that got twice the number of add during long years ?

1 Like

I don’t think he mentioned Germany

1 Like

He was talking about BeNeLux and Swiss for Germany, of course he was mentionning Germany.

No he was talking about a Benelux + Switzerland tree

2 Likes

A Horizontal Slider would fix this problem, its really hard to believe the low end resolutions are still being used in 2024, that’s crazy.

Put it into perspective i run @ 5220 x 1440, having an (insert any number) amount of lines isn’t an issue for me

Isn’t 2560 x 1440 more common these days, even 1920 x 1080 is the basic standard

1 Like

Oh, okay I think I’ve read between the lines a bit too much, the conversation just before was about adding that to Germany.

@Shay My bad

1 Like

It’s what the dev said. They have the data

They also said no to a horizontal scroll bar. (last link)

1 Like

That’s a disappointment, its actually 7 lines in total
5 standard and 2 for Premium/GE/Event Vehicles.

What about reducing the gap between the lines, I’m sure you can fit 1 more into the standard 5 for the lowest resolution (Potato PC)

You can also probably just rework some vehicle place and transform a 5 line nation to a 4 one.

Or you can rework your old code and stop stupid limit like that that sound completly stupid for 2024.

1 Like

I agree, it’s not unreasonable to expect a workaround or fix for this issue, especially considering it’s already 2024.

Regarding the user interface (UI), a complete overhaul is definitely needed. Recently, I’ve been thinking about suggestion for reworking the interaction with the weapons selection screen (as well as many other aspects of the UI).

Instead of displaying a static list of weapons, why not take inspiration from the old Gunship 2000 or Strike Commander game?

Imagine a dynamic system where the weapon stations change in real-time. As you switch between weapons, there could even be an animation of the ground crew loading the pylons with the selected weapon. This approach would add a layer of realism and depth to the game.

Strike Commander Pictured

Perhaps it’s just my nostalgia speaking (being born in the 1980’s) with Microprose & Flight sims Etc

Additionally, I’d love to see the return of uniforms adorned with medals.

Picture this: when someone checks a player’s profile (similar to how it works in EVE Online), they can select the nation the player represents. In response, the character would don the appropriate national uniform and proudly display their hard-earned medals. (something to showoff / brag to other players)

Like this screenshot represents, but not over the top as shown (Getting Russian mains vibe of this guy)

Credit Pin on 1 1 HOLDDDDD (pinterest.co.uk)

Instead of what we currently have

found a better version (from a random screenshot i’ve found on the internet)

2 Likes

Its not my fault gajin hates the CTA 40mm

Personally, I like the limit. As all they’ll use the extra lines for is to add more C&P sub-trees.

And by the end, a TT like the UK(with everyone saying they should get every Commomweath nation as a sub-tree) would have every vehicle in the game. At that point why play anyone else?

Being forced to make more TT means more focus on unique vehicles/national military histories. (as TTs represent the nation, not the industry as people so often think)

1 Like

There 's no reason to believe that gaijin 's position has changed in the meantime. Reopening outdated arguments is not necessary.

One of the cool (working) projects being developed between the UK and France, I hope to see many vehicles using it arriving very soon for both our countries.

2 Likes