Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

I get where you’re coming from but Gaijin have offered mixed messaging on the dev server in the past. There have been incidents where people reported things on the dev server and the official response was “Don’t report inaccuracies on the dev server, it’s just a work in progress”

I think @luque13 's description was accurate.

1 Like

First glimpse of Canadian Leopard 2A6M being upgraded to Leopard 2A6MC2.
The upgrades are still not disclosed.

4 Likes

they stole his tracks (or the floor is eating him)

1 Like

I want the Canadian Leo 2a6 so much with the cages all around of it

can we assume this one has new and better thermal optics?

10.0 would mean gaijin giving us the fabled APFSDS round that never got put into service, which could actually be pretty meme xD

Though I suspect we get the bog standard, and then maybe a couple in the future as events/premium with the thermals, LRF, etc, and then maybe 1 more in the TT.

I wonder if gaijin would do the funny of removing the speed governor too… go 70mph instead of the limit of 50 xD

Looks like a regular Leo 2A6M CAN. After the withdrawal of Canadian troops from Afghanistan, all additional equipment was put into storage, back in 2014, if I’m not mistaken

Damn, did it really have a speed governor… I truly hope they dont give it it as i was looking forward to rocketing around with a lrf, thermals and a 30mm…

The Canadians bought Dutch Leo2A4’s (which are a unique modification of the Leo 2A4), so that’s why they’re probably there.

They’re 2A4s with a different MG and different smoke launchers… Not sure if I’d call that unique

its jover I think DCS might actually get the EFT before warthunder assuming we dont get the EFT in the first update of 2025

2 Likes

That’s true. I’m looking forward to DLAA, ray tracing, and the vapor effects.

as expected … AGAIN … jeez cant got to work without this jumping form at mininum 700 messages

1 Like

Most of the unique modifications aren’t really visually represented in War thunder.

Dutch Leopard 2A4 NL

• 6x 76mm smoke grenade launchers with a range of 25 to 40 m on each side
  • Night vision and Driversights of Dutch make with more storage for the driver on the inside
  • FN MAG on the roof and a FN-MAG mod.3 coax.
  • RT-3600 radio’s and more antennae pods
  • The hatch next to the loader was patched and filled with more armour
  • Feld Justier Anlage (FJA) mounted next to the barrel-end.

Most of these are very small modifications for War Thunder, but they are distinct from the German versions.

But yeah, it’s not a unique vehicle, but it is a modification of one.

Sorry, we’ll make sure its 4 digits next time :P

32 posts until 10k

as you said ? lol

If you’re talking abou the ammo hatch, that was introduced with the 5th batch of Leo 2s.
The barrel collimator isn’t unique either and was introduced with the 8th batch and retrofitted to every tank.
As I said, hardly a unique tank.

Now 29 lol

Alright say goodbye, it’s about time…

26 now