Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

The issue is, I would still allow videos, depending on which:

This video, for example, was shot, manipulated and uploaded by this user in question to fabricate evidence fitting his narrative.

However, there are other videos that exist from even before War Thunder came to exist; or official videos uploaded by museums (such as the Bovington Tank Museum), manufacturers (promotional and informative videos), or simply clearly in real-time by reporters, etc (of demonstrations, live fire tests, etc). In those cases, likelyhood of manipulation is zero and I believe the videos should be considered valid evidence.

Suffren class frigate

Résumé

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIKBtII9zY0

That is why i said in those cases (rotation speed/reload rate, driving speed etc) there is plenty of other cases where it can be used

I’ve seen videos of a type 16 on the forums or somewhere where it moves at around 30 degrees a second, then moves super fast, would this be something like commander override?

Yeah.

Skill affecting turret rotation speeds, as well as gunner’s health status, makes sense for hand-cranked turrets; but fully mechanised turrets controlled by a joystick? It makes absolutely zero sense.

2 Likes

Yep, and it wouldnt be so bad if Expert and ACE werent quite so insanely priced (and transfered with crew slot)

3 Likes

I wrote a suggestion about exactly this, but it got stuck in the approval purgatory of denial and resubmission

2 Likes

The problem is that the leclerc turret can rotate at a speed of 40°/s but is limited for the gunner to 30°/s. So Gaijin can do whatever they want. ( see image )

2 Likes

Well bravy seems to be doing somewhat decent for itself so something like CFA would sit around 5.3

on the subject of cold war naval vessels though there are quite a few missile cruiser conversions they could add for the US and soviets as well

But it CAN, that’s enough for me :p

1 Like

Novorossiysk is a former Italian Giulio Cesare of Conte di Cavour class, which was given to SU as a war trophy. For USSR it’s quite iconic ship, as it was actually the best battleship in the Soviet service, which also had a mysterious death. Looking at Kerch (ex-Duca d’Aosta) and Letuchiy (ex-Regina Maria of Romania) imo Novorossiysk will obviously get added.

Btw I was always thinking about RN Leonardo da Vinci as a potential Italian premium battleship) you can make quite a fun bundle with it, using inventions as decoration and a famous portrait as a decal or profile picture.

Overall looks legit for me, though I wish they add Hungarian Tiger into the regular tree, on the other hand as a premium it maybe even a better option idk)

3 Likes

no, the wings and vertical stabilizers say its a mig

Well, honestly that sounds like a stop gap measure, useful until Gaijin decides what they want top tier naval to look like.

Ultimately I think it’d be better if BRs aligned more with the era of the vehicle.

This DD was built with anti-air warfare in mind. It’s armament of various radars and missiles were meant to go up against 60s/70s jet aircraft.

So why should it have the same BR as a Bf109 G-14?

If the plan was to ultimately end up with Naval vessels at 12.0, and one day having something for the Tornado Marineflieger’s Kormoran AShM to go up against, then they better start ranking cold war vessels as superior to WW2 ones, both in tier and BR.

Could an early DDG win a 1v1 duel against a WW2 battleship? Probably not, but they aren’t meant to anyway. If cold war vessels were given a BR so that they’d only meet their own contemporaries, then suddenly the automatic cannons and small missiles would be much more effective. After all they’d be facing the targets they were designed for, namely other lightly or non armored vessels.

That would also be a good opportunity to eventually sync up Air and Naval BRs so they’d make more sense. Have these 1960s vessels face 1960s aircraft.

I think that’d be a more future-proof solution.

2 Likes

I think the Hungarian Panther is a better choice as a premium, not tiger, Hungarian panther is a very special vehicle that only 5 panthers test in Hungary.

2 Likes

Yeah, probably, it can also include some Romanian camos (or maybe vice versa be under Romanian flag, but include some Hungarian camos), as Romania used them postwar. We have Bf109G-2 which was added in a similar way.
This way a heavy tank will be available in the regular tree.

Why should a vessel w/ inferior capabilities be at a higher BR than one superior to it ?

looks like British will be great again ?

With the news from today yes I got high hype for the Commonwealth F/A-18s

As we now know that Britain won’t get anymore CAS Harriers any time soon.
And the Tornado Gr.4 is off the tables as well.

Which this leave the only options to ether SA or Commonwealth fighters

The supposed premium IDS could potentially be interesting depending on who gets it.

Mhm I say all since it’s the IDS