New ZSU can't be 7.3, needs to go 7.7

The fact that this new ZSU faces ww2 vehicles + planes with all the burst rounds it has feels wrong and it is wrong.

It should go 7.7 or 8.0 and yeah i know it doesn’t has radar but it is facing ww2 vehicles who needs to get closer to attack, no guided ordinance, and the heavy fire rate + burst it has will shoot down anything getting near the battlefield

More funnier is the fact that this ZSU is the same BR as Wiesel 1A4.

M163 - 7.7
Falcon - 8.3
Wiesel 1A4 - 7.3 (this isnt even an Anti-air)
VEAK 40 - 7.7
Hovet - 7.7
WZ305 - 8.0

Why does gaijin keep adding Spaas to russia when they have so many options already?
Russia wasn’t needing another spaa for that BR bracket
imagen

All other 7.7/8.0 SPAA have a radar of some sort.

1 Like

The Wiesel 1A4 has apds and thermals so I wouldn’t be comparing it to that, every AA mentioned at 7.7/8.0 is incomparable to the ZSU at AA capabilities. Each one mentioned has radar or for the case of the WZ305 proxy shells. I think the problem you should be addressing is the fact that this was an unneeded addition as USSR already has the most complete aa line and also already had the BTR-80a which worked fine as an SPAA at the BR.

2 Likes

Yet i find that ZSU very strong for 7.3 BR

1 Like

i just mentioned Wiesel because its labeled as Antiair at the same br on the game.
And yeah, this was indeed an unneeded addition.

Do you do CAS?

Is just labeled as AA because LT is way too expensive for a vehicle like the 1A4.

ZSU-23 at 7.3 is only usable in a 7.7 lineup to begin with unless you REALLY love the IS-3…

ZSU-23 is about as powerful as M163 when its not using its tracking radar.

Why? It’s a culture thing. They LOVE, absolutely LOVE their mobile anti-air weapons systems that can double as vehicle killers. Ever since the Afghan War (the USSR one).

1: It’s good so that CAS can be less of a problem
2: It’s bad because the USSR has a shit ton of SPAA, they should give more SPAA’s to other nations

(It’s mainly a good addition)

The IS-3 and BTR-80a are both great vehicles at 7.3, you also have the mig-9 for air

The USSR do have the most SPAA and other nations definitely need more too, however, from a development aspect the new Afghanski probably took a day to make. It’s just a copy paste with no radar and ammo boxes on the x-ray, so it was probably added just to say they added something to the Soviets.

Sorry to go “Well Aktually”

Falcon… 8.3 - No AA Shell, No Radar, 110mm Max Pen (@10m With 1 shell out of 4, else 53mm pen @10m) 620 ammo. Earliest AA since 5.3, of which you have squishy (Bosvark) and ineffective vs everything (Skink. Crusader AA Mk II is superior @4.0).

WZ305: 8.0 - Proxy Shells, and 151 Max Pen (@10m) when using AP Shells.

vs

ZSU-23-4M2: 7.3 - No AA Shell, No Radar, 51 Max Pen (@10m), and isn’t urgently needed as a proper AA. 4k Ammo.

Considering how little armour light vehicles have. ZSU has 6.5x the bullets a Falcon has and is more likely to kill things at range (Volume of Fire matters). Yet it is a full 1.0 BR lower.

1 Like

2 more 23mm for a 1.3 br increase compare to the btr-zd seems like a fair trade to me. But yea kinda strange that they added it when there are many other nation with even bigger spaa gap. Maybe they just added it since the model is already there and only need some modification?
Still good addition tho, CAS can go burn and die.

Sidam 25 sits at 8.3, has no Radar and only 160 rounds per gun, 640 total.

It does get an APDS belt though.