New US SPAA?

So, I have been playing Warthunder since late 2022. I’m a US/USSR main and I have noticed that the US tech tree REALLY lacks proper spaa between the br of 2.7-- 4.0/ 4.0 – 7.7. What vehicles could be added? I don’t want arguments about other countries spaa problems or ammo types of the Duster/40mm Borfar’s.

we used dusters in Vietnam before we switched to the m163 soooooo…

There are a lot of prototype for Gaijin to choose from.

For example
T28 (Elco B-6)
M2 Halftrack with X4 20mm and x2 12.7mm

Or T85E1 MGMC which is M24 Chaffee modified to use x4 20mm

There even Flak cannon-vehicles like T53E1 GMC
90mm AA/AT
Imgur

Most if not all are build and test

5 Likes

Would the T53E1 GMC get proxy HE? Otherwise it wouldn’t be too suitable for an AA.

It would make a cool TD though, like the Ram

1 Like

I agree. But as an SPAA? Prolly not, if it doesn’t have proxy.

Most likely High-Explosive Time Fuse (HE-TF) round like the one on 88mm flak
https://wiki.warthunder.com/Tank_ammunition#High-Explosive_Time_Fuse_.28HE-TF.29

Which is likely M71 shell but with M43 mechanical time fuze or other type of HE rounds with time fuze

We could REALLY use one for the 11.3 lineup and one for 11.7 because I’m sorry but the ADATS doesn’t cut it against fast moving jets. But if I had to choose Id rather just get one that’s 11.0 or 11.3 because it needs it more than 11.7 does. All they have for that lineup is the XM975 with it’s mid Roland’s.

1 Like

Yeah so basically almost all US spaa is messed up

At a couple popular BR levels they are completely lacking. The 11.0/11.3 desperately need something better and so does 11.7 if I am being honest. I can’t even fathom what the hell they are thinking. I freaking adore the LAV though. Most enjoyable US ground vehicle in the entire tree.

1 Like

M163 sucks. It’s really more of a 4.0 to 9.0 gap.

There’s plenty of functioning prototypes built and tested (unlike Ostwind 2 or Flakpanzer 341) and the duster could get proxy shells instead of just being a second M19A1

2 Likes

There’s slim pickings in real life between an M42 and an M163, so it’s a gap that more or less makes sense no matter how painful.

However, if they’d give the Duster HE proxy that would go a LONG way towards making that gap much less painful.

1 Like