New player - first premium vehicle questions

Ok, so playing this game around 20 days.

Now.
Im thinking about my first premium tank in this game. (my main is GER)
My questions are:

1. which tier/BR would you recommend ?
  2. which tank would you recomend for good SL income
  3. should I wait more before buying anything ?

Thx.

unsurprised tbh. most noobs go for germany.

Dont buy a premium until you’re a few months deep so you know if you’re actually going to stick with this game. don’t waste your money

5 Likes

Yes. First of all, bc there is a GE and pack sale coming up in November. Second of all, you’re still too new to the game. Wait and get more experience/time as well as see if you really like the game before you put money into it

so wait you say.

What is happening in November ?

Yes

The anniversary sale. GE vehicles should be 50% off and so should most packs. If a pack you want is not on sale in November then wait until December for the winter sale. :)

4 Likes

Stay below about BR5 ISH I reckon. The learning curve for the game is quite steep as you go up the BRs and it’s better to learn the game via working your way down the tree

3 Likes

That too

2 Likes

I would highly recommend you to wait for the sale in November.

You could use the time until then to learn more about the game and see if it’s something you want to dedicate yourself to and spend money on.

The game has something of a learning curve with lots of mechanics and vehicle specific information to memorize. Don’t let that discourage you though, you can do anything if you set your mind to it :)

Im former WOT player (8 yrs).
There are 3 borders Id say for players:

1. Tier upto 7 is for learning the game
  2. Tier 8 is mainstream FILLED with OP premium tanks
  3. Tier 9-10 is where is the endgame

Is something like that here in WT too ?

And another question, how do I know, its good time to level up here, aka go for higher tier ?
Ho do I recognize, its the time.

1 Like

As a War Thunder player for 6 years,

1: Tier 1 - 2 is filled with either noobs or seal clubbers having fun. Learn the basics ie learn how to move shoot.
2: Tier 2 - 4 learn how to use different tanks, research their weaknesses and strengths, you’re playing Germany so FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THE MACARONI CHEESE IN THE WORLD ANGLE YOUR TIGER. This goes with pretty much every tank in the game however, you can angle most effectively. Watch tutorials.
3: tier 5 - 7 don’t have much tanks here but basically from 6.7 - 9.3 that’s where the games are most reliant on skill and positioning. Tons of people play here, high skill level.
Tier 6 - 8 or BR 9.3 - top tier. Filled to the brim with premium noobs, don’t buy a high level pack. The goal of this game isn’t reach top tier, it’s to have fun.

4 Likes

You can consistantly get 3 - 6 kills per game, have a high winning streak, and know how to play around your awful team (general rule of thumb, you are the only team member with more than half a brain cell)

1 Like

do not get a premium tank (Yet) , rather get premium time when it goes on sale so that you will have a better time grinding out the TT

1 Like

One thing I would say, if you’re dead set on getting premiums for this game, get the 4.0 Churchill: and maybe the Panzer IV J and T-34, these are my favourite German premium vehicles but the reason I recommend them:
Churchill: will teach you how to play the tiger ie angling armour, being careful with your positioning but at a much lower BR so more forgivable
Panzer IV J: kind of more a collectable but it’s my favourite Panzer IV in the game. Looks really pretty and teaches you to keep hidden with a good gun.
T-34: Just easy to use, teaches you maneuverability and weak spots, and how to use your eyes.

BUT PLEASE don’t buy these until you have reached the Panzer IV F2 MINIMUM.

2 Likes

Ok, usefull, thx.

Now, there is one more thing.
WHEN, should I start with RB ? Remember, I came from WOT, so even AB are quite realistic for me atm…

hmm , isnt the Panzer IV J in the WB shop ? I could try to get it there…

So fight like this right?

Spoiler

/S

As soon as possible. I would recommend experimenting with it now so you can easily spot tanks in the future, especially when you get to tiers with bush people. If you’re struggling with weak spots (which you won’t at low tier) go back to arcade occasionally but I would recommend realistic for extra research and to sharpen your eyesight. if you get used to arcade’s red nametags then you won’t be able to switch to RB when arcade simply isn’t enough for research; at the very least it will be harder.

Is it? If you’re meaning the trophies then dont, if you’re meaning the battlepass bit then you’re going to need to grind like hell

No what I meant was angle your tank downwards exposing your roof so that the enemy shell bounces into the sky
/s

Ah, got it, I knew I was doing something wrong.

1 Like