New helicopter modules “broken”

I just bought the KA-50 while it was on sale and couldn’t help but notice, even simply being hit by a .50 cal instantly makes my weapon systems useless.

Is this intentional? Is it a bug?

I hope it’s a bug, because it’s highly unrealistic.

3 Likes

Gaijin changed heli damage models, so now you can’t fire weapons when you are slightly scraped by a 7.62mm mg.

Idk if it is a bug/or if it was intentional, but there certainly should be changes.

3 Likes

If your weapon system was broken by the 50 cal, then it’s going to break. That’s what a 50 cal does.

Also, I highly doubt you got hit by a single stray 50 cal.

1 Like

Gaijin coded the weapons system health to the helicopter fuselage health, so if it gets slightly damaged, you can’t use any weapons. Plus, a .50 going through a bunch of empty space wouldn’t do that much damage either.

It’s not that they’re dying to a flurry of bullets, it’s that they’re dying to 2 7.62mm bullets.

2 Likes

I don’t know.

From my experience in the last few days, I played a bunch of games in my Cobras and Battlehawk and was tanking even more than usual.

ID session
37a3b8f001c7e13 timestamp: 04:04:000
A similar situation, one hit that did not disable a single module in the helicopter, but still disabled the weapons control system. And the most interesting thing is that on a helicopter, when viewing an x-ray, this system is absent (Mi 24P)

1 Like

Yes , and i hope they will improve the mechanic because i don’t know if devs know this but ka50 has analog computing backup firing systems.

So even all of the electronics get destroyed unguided munitions can still be used as normal (just without ballistic computing).

And even if analog system gets damaged Ka50 gun can still be fired because its literally a gun trigger locked in directly front (like Mi24 30mm)

They can find literally in open source docs about it.

1 Like

Yes, as rockets and bombs can still be launched from pylons because they use no guidance methods makes sense. I actually didn’t know some of this though, so thank you for the info!

Can confirm Helicopter damage models are either bugged or broken. Taking a stay 50cal completely removes the ability to use any weapon system or countermeasures. Happened to me 3 games in a row using the AH-1S.

1 Like

3 7.7mm hits or ONE 50cal hit will disable your weapons on ANY helicopter except ka-52 and if you got lucky ah-64