NASAMS HML (High Mobility Launcher)

NASAMS HML
(High Mobility Launcher)

ARMAMENT

Spoiler

The ramp on the vehicle can have 4x missiles equipped, potentially a couple more if the 120c are used as the wings are smaller on this, these are the optional loadouts

• 4x Aim 9X Sidewinder Block II

• Max speed: Mach 2.5
    • Length: 2.85 m
    • Diameter: 127 mm
    • Weight: 91 kg
    • Range: 1–18 km
    • Warheads: 9.4 kg ring-shaped fragmentation explosives.
  • 4x AIM-120 AMRAAM

• Length: 3.65 metres
    • Diameter: 17.8 centimeters
    • Mass: 161.5 kilograms
    • Speed: mach 4
    • Range: 74 kilometers
  • 4x AIM-120 AMRAAM ER

• two-stage guidance system, a couple different changes than the other AMRAAM
  • 4+xAIM 120C medium - long range anti air missiles

• Missile Range: 180 km
    • Missile speed:Mach 2.7
    • Length: 3.7 m
    • Missile Warhead: AIM-120C - High explosive blast-fragmentation 18,1 kg
    • Missile Weight: 152 kg

ADDITIONAL ACCESSORY
-Summer camouflage nets
-Winter camouflage nets
-Chains during winter
-Might be more tat i dont know about

TECHNICAL DATA
Length: 4.93 Meters
Width: 2.21 Meters
Height: 1.93 meters
Center of Gravity (at curb weight): 75.95 Centimeters
Above Ground: 1.51 Meters Rear of Centerline at Front Axle
Track Width: 1.82 Meters
Wheelbase: 3.30 metres
Turning Radius: 7.62 Meters
Ground Clearance: 45.72 Centimeters
Angle of Approach: 48º
Angle of Departure: 39º
Ramp Breakover Angle: 25º
Grade Capability (at GCW): 40%
Side Slope Capability (at GCW): 30%
Climb Capability (at GCW): 45.72 Centimeter Vertical Step
Cargo Bed Height (at GCW): 96.52 Centimeters
Engine: General Engine Products (GEP) V8, 6.5L Turbocharged Diesel
Horsepower: 3,400 RPM: 190HP (142KW)
Torque: 1,700 RPM: 380 lb.-ft (515 N•m)
Transmission_ General Transmission Products (GTP) 4-Speed ​​Automatic
Transfer Case: 2 Speeds Ratios: High - 1:1; Low - 2.72:1
Differentials: Front and Rear - Hypoid Ratios 3.08:1
Front Suspension : Independent Double
Rear Suspension: independent Double
Fuel Capacity: 95 Litres
Performance: 402 kilometer Cruising Range
Maximum Speed: 113 kph

HISTORY
In 1976, the US Army began developing a specification for a take-off for the aging Jeep. and in the summer of the following year, AM General was well on its way to developing its candidate. and the first production model rolled off the assembly line in 1984. this vehicle was first used in a conflict in the Gulf War in 1991

The humvees are in use all over the world, by a lot of counries. there is a big variety of configurations and modifications on these. many with atgm’s, light and heavy machineguns and missile launchers mounted on the back on certain models, like this in this post. a heavy and robust vehicle with ok reability

The humvee are in use in many countries all over the world, with many different configurations and modifications

here is one of the configurations, in use by Norway and USA, with the option to mount a launcher with 4x various top modern anti air missiles

The nasams are a medium distance anti air weapon, developed by Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace in cooperation with the american Raytheon Company

A while ago Norway adobted a couple NASAMS HML Humvees in their military, wich now are in use. they recieved 3 of them in feburary 2022, shouldbe a couple from before this.

it is now, amont other things in use by the Combat Air Defense Battery in the Artillery Battalion/Brigade Nord. it has also been part of some of the major recent exercises, among them Cold response 2022

Many Nations has choosen to adopt this vehicle for their air defence system, among them are Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, the USA, and Spain.

(The HML is based on the M1152 Expanded Capacity HMMWV)

NASAMS - Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Defense Missile System

Spoiler

TECHNICAL DATA
Type: Medium to long-range air defense missile
Missile Propulsion: Solid-fuel rocket motor
Country users: Chile, Finland, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Spain, Ukraine, United States, Hungary
Missile Weight: 152 kg
Designer Country: Norway
Missile Warhead: AIM-120C - High explosive blast-fragmentation
18,1 kg
Engagement Modes: Active and/or Passive
Missile Range: 180 km
Missile speed:Mach 2.7
Missile Dimensions:
Length: 3.7 m
Diameter: 0.18 m
Wing span: 0.53 m

ALBUM

Spoiler

NASAMS HML — ImgBB

SOURCES

Spoiler

New capability in the NASAMS air defence system - KONGSBERG - Protecting People and Planet
Norwegian Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System – Wikipedia
New NASAMS HML Deployed On COLD RESPONSE 2022 | Joint Forces News
Redirecting...

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

This post was made by
Til_Dovre_Faller

6 Likes

I would love to see this, it will proberbly not bee mutch diffrent from the Type 93 exept very good missiles

2 Likes

Now that FOX-3s for aircraft is right around the corner, I think it’s time that this thread (and other ground based ARH) gets some newfound attention!

The HML could’ve been added with the next major without any balance problems. The HML as a standalone vehicle has no search radar, and can only fire using the AMRAAM’s onboard radar. This limits range to ~16km, or as far as you can visually spot the aircraft.

That is 4km short of Pantsir, but 4km more than VT1 on Flarakrad and ItO 90. So definitely an improvenent over what Sweden/USA has, without breaking the scale.

As we are moving towards more modern vehicles and longer range missiles with “stand-off” capability, I could see Gaijin change their policy on “no separate radar” at some point. Otherwise western nations won’t have any SPAA as the vast majority are modular systems.

In case this rule changes we could see this, the Raytheon MPQ64F1 sentinel radar. Either as a trailer, or vehicle mounted. 120km range PD radar in X-band, compatible with NASAMS system. I believe the radar can be up to 25km away from the launcher.

This way the HML would have search capability and full use of it’s missile’s range, which is 25km and upward depending on variant

Here’s my ideas for implementation of the radar unit:

1. Radar is an offmap asset that is always there, or spawns in with your vehicle. Located anywhere between 5 to 10km behind spawn zone. You control “your” radar unit as you normally would, just remotely.

2. Radar as “drone” vehicle. It spawns in alongside your SPAA and follows your commands. Follow, stay, move to designated grid square. You can control radar settings, switch search on or off etc.

3. Radar unit as player vehicle. You can link up with a fellow team or squad mate and share radar access by pressing a keybind. This could work similarly to the towing mechanic. Rewards for kills are shared.

4 Likes

i saw i did a couple mistakes so i updated the armament part and the technical data part

1 Like

Yes! More hmvees

1 Like

I found this video, where we see it firing the missiles, also the ramp rotating. Looks like it can fire the missiles quite fast

Nasams is needed for sweden and for many nations, now with fox 3 additions its possible i rly beg this can be added now, there is plenty of time before release schedule to make its modell and maybe satisfy many players with it i rly want it

2 Likes

+1 but I want the Chinese copy that’s fitted with PL-9Cs and PL-12s to come alongside it. It’s got an electro-optical acquisition and tracking sensor on the roof but I don’t know if it’s capable of launching the PL-12s without a radar vehicle.

1 Like

Their AIM-120’s. The Type-93 missiles are just improved improved FIM-92 Stingers.

1 Like

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, this could possibly be the first Norwegian tech tree vehicle, as SPAA are never premiums.

1 Like

There are one premium spaa tough, so it is possible

The only Premium SPAA is the ZUT-37 and it’s for a good reason, it’s terrible as a SPAA but good as a TD and no the Type-65 also doesn’t count since it is a event vehicle added when the Chinese TT is only available to the Mainland Chinese playerbase

Because of that i doubt it would be even an event vehicle let alone a Premium

Thales Australia seems to be considering the ability to tow a radar with a trailer on their Hawkei. But I don’t know if they’re actually doing it or not (the trailer I mean, they are definitely doing a Hawkei NASAMS with a second Hawkei mounting the radar). The Hawkei NASAMS might be the first SPAA ever in Australia lol.
We already have trailer mechanics with the Crocodile. A further development of this could be the option to detach the trailer and have a radar operating from it so you can drive away from it and still get full launcher rotation and vehicle mobility.

2 Likes

isn’t the 2S38 suppoed to be a SPAA in real life?
They just slapped on a premium tag and made it a light tank

1 Like

Not too many pictures of these, here is of a different angle

1 Like

NASAMS (National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System)

I like the 6 pack version more, but i just dont know how they could implement it since its taken off the truck and placed down, and fire and control is from a command center, but it looks really cool lol

But US and other nations do need better SPAA support. Its not always available points wise to get anti air planes up compared to spaa

Fg9Kow6XkAE7QM6

Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile is its other name.

First picture Is an Aspide2000 not a nasam