Nakidka tarp as cosmetic modification for T-90M

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

This suggestion is a simple one. As the title states, I am suggesting the addition of the Nakidka thermal camouflage tarp as a cosmetic modification to the T-90M. Camo nets have been in-game for a while and some are removable through the modifications tab. I am suggesting a similar system for the Nakidka.

The Nakidka tarp is an iconic feature of the T-90M and would be a great addition to the vehicle. A lot of T-90M in service with the Russian army are fitted with this type of camouflage tarps, in various types, usually of a light green coloration.

I am only suggesting the addition of Nakidka as a cosmetic modification to the T-90M. If Gaijin wishes to add functional thermal camouflage, it is up to their decision. However, until then, I believe that the tarp could easily have a place in the game using the new camo net system like we have seen on other vehicles.

Thank you!

8 Likes

Sure it’s a great, realistic, and more than welcome addition. But we need a ton of similar upgrades for other vehicles as well. I would love to see an update that implements a ton of them at the same time for every nation. But ya know, it’s Russia, well probably see this next update or something for only Russia :)))

2 Likes

The newly added Leopard 2A4M CAN premium pack features Barracuda MCS however it functions as a camo net instead of reducing thermal signature. I am suggesting a similar thing for Nakidka, at least for now.

1 Like

At first glance I seriously thought this was just a green tarp on a T-90 and was very confused for a second why someone would want this.

Once I read it, I thought it was pretty cool! Would love to see this. Especially once they add the thermal signature reducing effect

1 Like

+1 need more camo nets in the game and further graphic upgrades to ones already in game

1 Like

Adding thermal blankets is the next logical step for top tier tanks. It’d be a neat mechanic to obscure tanks from thermal sights, making it that much more challenging and interesting. +1 for all top-tier tanks.

1 Like

If anyone would like to see it, I have a photograph taken with a thermal imaging camera that shows what the t-90m looks like with the nakidka.

3 Likes

That’s so cool! How’d you get it?

+1, I’d like to see these actually function, reduced thermal signature and harder to lock with IR weapons.
Also, the T-80BVM should also receive Nakidka.

1 Like

Camo net? Premium.

The french Vextra 105 added last update to the tech tree features a removable camouflage net without being a premium.

The Challenger 2 F and TES both have camo nets as well in the tech tree, although they are extremely low quality and aren’t removable, things to fix I have made suggestions for already.

This could come in addition with the T90M from 2017 (the Proryw-3),

we apparently have the 2017 version in game but the actual 2017 version has the 2A82 canon (we got the 2A46M-5 of the 2011 version) and improved frontal armor (we have the armor from the 2011 version).
But the version we got has the 12.7mm remote weapon station from the 2017 version.
So we got a mixture of the 2011 and 2017 version, they should remove the remote weapon station from the current version and add the 2017 version as an independent tank or as a upgrade like we have it for the BMP

+1
hell yes
even if it had no functionality in game, I want it because it looks incredibly good

+1