Multiple colors in custom sights

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes, it would greatly help with realism and immersive gameplay
  • No, keep sights the same with only one color
0 voters

Modern digital sights often use many colors for ease of use and to know where to glance. Only having one color for the whole sight (except for texts with “highlight:b=no”) doesn’t look or feel nearly as good and/or realistic.

Examples of real sights with multiple colors:

In-game recreations with only 1 color + black:

This suggestion can be implemented easily by making it possible to add a “color” and “lightColor” line to every block (lines, texts, circles, quads) instead of the main “crosshairColor” and “crosshairLightColor” that applies to everything.

Examples:

Quad, standard black, highlight green:

drawQuads {
quad {
tl:p2 = -10, -10;
tr:p2 = 10, -10;
br:p2 = 10, 10;
bl:p2 = -10, 10;
color:c=0, 0, 0, 0
lightColor:c=0, 255, 0, 255
thousandth:b = true;
}
}

Circle, standard red, highlight blue:

drawCircles {
circle {
segment:p2 = 0, 360;
pos:p2 = 0, 0;
diameter:r = 1;
size:r = 1;
move:b = no;
color:c=255, 0, 0, 255
lightColor:c=0, 0, 255, 255
thousandth:b = yes;
}
}

Thank you for reading this and I hope it gets implemented since it would greatly help us sight creators and the sights can be way more realistic/immersive. It would also allow for actual drawings in the sights, which would be very cool to see!

7 Likes

pls Snail

1 Like

There’s a very closely related bug report on it and another suggestion about different reticles at different zoom levels

1 Like

Pretty sure you can already change the colors for custom sights.
For me right now I have red and when highlighted it becomes blue. That or I’m misinterpreting what this is trying to say, cause its written in a rather confusing way

1 Like

Yes, but that’s only 1 color at the same time. I’m suggestion multiple colors at the same time :)

2 Likes

I’m by no means against it though the irl picture you showed is the 1 single color for the sight. It only appears like 2 because of the angle.

Now if you are referring to everything around it then i can understand.

1 Like

Thank much so you ❤❤❤

1 Like

Yeah I’m talking about everything around it too hehe

1 Like

Ill kill myself if this doesnt go up

1 Like

Yes Sir, take my vote

1 Like

we really need this +1

He is talking about multiple colors, not the one-color theme. Changing main color is already a thing.

1 Like

Please yes and I will finally ban anime tag xd

1 Like