Move Leclerc S1 and S2 to rank VIII or add stock APDSFS

A new progression rule has been established for Rank VIII vehicles — both MBTs and other vehicles with high-caliber guns. For the tank’s ammunition, along with a HEAT-FS shell, one of the APFSDS shells is available immediately after purchasing the tank. We’ve decided to introduce this rule due to the fact that Rank VIII MBTs have well developed, all-round HEAT defense, and HEAT shells can be ineffective even against the side protection of tanks.

This change is great, however Leclercs S1 and S2 are not affected. Both vehicles are still 11.7 meaning they will face other rank VIII 11.7 well protected tanks all the time.

So it would be nice if those Leclercs are moved to rank VIII as they are basically top BR vehicles like other vehicles or there is an exception and those Leclercs also get stock APDSFS at rank VII to be more competitive in stock against other 11.7 from rank VIII.

Other solution is to raise BR to 12.0 for rank VIII so those 2 Leclercs there is a chance not to fight rank VIII vehicles with their effective protection against HEAT.

17 Likes

I Agree

1 Like

I Agree

1 Like

Even better change would be to add stock APDSFS to rank VII. A lot of rank 7 are 11.3 and they will be facing 11.7 frequently.

2 Likes

I feel like France ground really suffers from this update, they’re the only nation with rank 7 tanks at BR 11.7 and the only other vehicle in the rank is a SAM at 10.0 that is better suited for use with rank 6 lineups (if at all). If Gaijin had maybe planned fewer vehicles for rank 5 and 6 over the past year or two and added some things to rank 7 instead, like Leclerc prototypes, EBRC Jaguar, Vextra 105/120, VBCIs with 40mm guns and MMPs, maybe AMX-10RCR and whatnot, then we wouldn’t have even have run into this issue where they now have to artificially keep two 11.7s in rank 7 because it would be pretty much empty otherwise…

One can only hope that they will change that relatively soon, in the meantime the idea of stock APFSDS at rank 7 might work, but in general it might also not hurt to reduce the RP penalty for researching vehicles two ranks higher a bit from 60% to 40% or 30%? There are a few nations where lineups still go cross-rank and the RP penalty hits progress quite a bit. I’m not saying do away with it entirely, but maybe soften it a bit?

2 Likes

Or instead of stock APDSFS being rank based it could be BR based. After all ranks mean absolutely nothing from MM perspective.

I just realized, they cannot move those tanks to rank VIII. If they did it than only way to research rank VIII effectively would be with Roland. So this solution is not possible unless they want to make grind near impossible.

So in this case giving stock APDSFS from specific BR so all tanks have equal stock conditions at that BR would be best solution.