Mods Changing Wiki To give Italy less things in this update and I called it

From wiki 2 days ago (4th line down)
Screenshot 2024-08-30 152929
From discord 2 days ago

From wiki today

1 Like

Explain, What variant is it. or am i 100% right, The name was kept AMX not A-11A or A-11B so it can be changed in a case like this to give Italy less

You do realise that the Wiki is mainly Player written?
Thats why its an wierd idea to take the WT wiki as an 100% claim

9 Likes

The wiki is… a wiki. It’s written and edited by the community. The entire premise of this post is flawed.

The wiki is ran by wiki volunteers, not moderators.

Wiki is unofficial and often outdated.

Go by what the CMs say or what is said in the dev-blogs for what variant we have in game. When we have undefined variants of aircraft, they can assume a bit of an amalgum of variants until such time one needs to be nailed down.

That being said. It may yet get JDAM. Many aircraft that used GPS guided bombs, dont yet have them.

Ah yes. Blame the “mods” for something that they did not do and is something done by the players/wiki volunteers that literally have no say of whats in the game. Well done.

1 Like

The wiki is written by players, not everything you read on there is 100% accurate.

Also the update isn’t even out yet and we haven’t had any updates to the Dev Server so you will just have to wait and see if it does get access to JDAM’s. Currently only 2 aircraft have JDAM’s and 1 with KAB-500S, the JDAM’s in the Dev Server are the navy bombs as we are missing the airforce bombs. Lot’s of aircraft will get access to the airforce JDAM’s so it is quite likely the AMX will get it. But you simply need to be patient and see what happens when the update is released.

Afaik, Gaijin has never (for some reason) known which variant of the AMX they themselves added to Italy. Whether they specify it to be the A-11A or A-11B (which they have not, and should eventually), changes will have to be made to adjust the current vehicle to match either version of the Ghibli.

Gen, I’m an Italy main too. I get it. But you’re wayyy too worked up about this. I’d also love Italy to get more domestic vehicles and more powerful vehicles, but this right here is just the wiki editors changing their educated guess as to which variant Gaijin has implemented when that fact is called into question - the editors aren’t sure, and the current model seems close to the A-11A, but Gaijin doesn’t seem sure either.

Because they can change it later. Specify a version, and its restricted to that version. But leave it ambiguous and things can be adjusted as needed down the road.

I strongly suspect this is the reason the Tornado F3 Late was called “late” and not the “AOP” because it means they can, if they want to, add some of the upgrades that came with the next variant the “FSP”

1 Like

^ That, they have done that before like the F-4E Phantom II as an example

Something like that…

2 Likes