Mitsubishi F-15J

From dev streams earlier they were ripping at 9Gs sustained, though full fuel load.

I actually just replicated it but I had to twist and turn at 9Gs with full fuel load to do it. It seems like they’re going to fix it though so hopefully shouldn’t rip sub 13.5Gs.

Added with the 1997 MSIP upgrades iirc.

1 Like

They do have HMD, you can easily check them in JASDF vids.

It probably wouldn’t matter anyway. As for example this same issue was brought up for the Stinger, for which there is proof for the IR/UV seeker. In game it uses both IRCCMs types of shutoff and fov gating and report about the IR/UV were dismissed with “Stinger is already IR/UV”, whilst clearly there is nothing indicating in the game files this is modelled at all.

It’s always worth a try, but I think it’s not going to happen anyway sadly. Maybe at most, the AAM-3 can then also get the fov gating with it, that would make it even more insane tho, so I’m not sure if that’s nice from a balance pov.

sweet spot seems 20 mins of fuel there you can turn pretty well up to 12gs but still cautious cause you can rip at 12gs at least the F-15s don’t eat fuel too fast . i found horizontal turns to produce less wing breaks then pulling 11-12gs vertically but i could be wrong.

I’m debating between min fuel + 2 wing fuel tanks (I think there’s no drag/it’s the same as without since there’s no new pylon or anything added) or 30 mins fuel, in the context of ground RB CAP with a full 4/4 loadout of missiles.

The min fuel setup might make it competitive in dogfights and can go back to grab more fuel tanks easily enough. However, if the difference between min fuel and 30 mins isn’t much then I’d rather carry internally to not worry it.

Feeling more than a little let down on the flight performance.

Wing ripping aside, is this really going to be the least maneuverable F-15? The F-15J being heavier than its siblings is news to me.

Was looking at the other F-15 topic and @MAUSWAFFE mentioned that F-15 is potentially having less thrust than it’s supposed to. Another poster also mentioned the instantaneous AoA is underperforming. The wing rip thing has been reported so hopefully that’s fixed. I’m not sure if the radar is reported but apparently that’s really wrong too. AAM-3 seems decent enough.

Maybe if the thrust is actually wrong and gets fixed with the wing rip, it’ll have good flight performance.

2 Likes

I’ll test the sustained turn, thrust, etc tonight but the instantaneous AoA is 40°. That’s more than realistic but doesn’t really need reporting.

It maxes it’s AoA meter in the cockpit at 45° in real life, but 45° cockpit units is 35° true AoA. It could slightly exceed this but can’t sustain a turn like that. More of a sudden pull that causes a lot of adverse yaw and has to nose-down to recover pretty much instantly.

I’m curious how the potential missing thrust would affect flight performance. That stuff is beyond me but if it is indeed underperforming, perhaps that being fixed might be enough?

new paint like F4EJ ADTW

Would be interesting to see how that compares to the F-15EX with its FBW. The way it is modeled in game could reflect a FM closer to that as the instructor will be handling the instability better than a person could

2 Likes

Anyone have any sources on the F-15J radar having TWS?
Hoping its a placeholder radar right now because its really bad on the dev server

The only thing I know of atm is this: Community Bug Reporting System

It doesn’t look good/clear? Aside from that, all I know of us Mike mentioning in the EN dev stream that it does have a better radar (assuming he is not mistaken), so maybe the F-15J has the PSP mentioned in one of the screenshots in that link?

Hopefully it does get TWS as that’s one of my most desired features.

1 Like

From “F-15 AN/APG-63 Radar Case Study Report (IDA/OSD R&M (Institute for Defense Analyses/Office of the Secretary of Defense Reliability and Maintainability) Study)”

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA142071.pdf

Page 31

Spoiler

asdasdad

Page 44

Spoiler

asd

3 Likes

Would go ahead and send that in for a report then, that’s some good stuff right there.

thats the same document already used in the report

Just not sure what year F-15J they have in game right now, if its after 1984 it should have radar with TWS

1 Like

Pre-MSIP engines were F100 IHI 220E ? Worth making a bug report for the dev server or do you think they will add it in?

Video

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/T00-BOp1Uhs?si=YujD26Tk7I7s7LV4&t=239

Spoiler

1 Like

@_David_Bowie

In regards to your comment on the F-15A radar report. Are the referenced pages enough information?

“All APG-63s manufactured since late 1979 have incorporated [PSP]”
in addition to the chart that shows TWS after 1984.

You said the F-15A in game is a 1990s spec National Guard version so seems like it should be PSP and have TWS.

F-15A/B was in production until May 1979, this reference is to the F-15C/D.