Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

that’s a shame, i hope that’s exemple only

RWR on the mirage 2000 is basically the same as the f16C. Weird thing I noticed is that when another mirage launches r530s, the RWR does not recognize the missile and show it as a “?”, which is very interesting. Shouldn’t a French RWR be able to identify French missiles ? For me it is simply the copy paste of another nation’s RWR, I guess American f16 or something

It’s not identifying a missile. Rather, it is identifying the signals sent by the launching aircraft’s radar. And yes… it should likely be able to identify their own radars. Put in a bug report.

1 Like

That is the case even for R-60.

That isn’t true whatsoever. On rear aspect against an afterburning F-14, maybe… but head-on against a colder and smaller target… the Magic 2 is near impossible to flare now. It’s very much improved.

If that’s the case then either they changed something in the missile data or the missile just do funnies sometimes because i tested shot configs for like 2hours with a friend the day the dev serb reopened and in front Magic 2 was always flared i used a mirage 2000-5F and he used an F16 C and the MIG 29 9-13

Speed is a factor as well, the missile has a higher chance of re-acquiring the target if there is a longer duration or period to do so.

Keep in mind the magic 2 and R-73 have the same flare resistance currently, and this is some stuff I was doing with the R-73 during testing.

Sounds good. Some of the footage I’ve seen was not quite convincing.

Reduction in warm up time for Super 530F/D; They also now have equal “workTime” of 100s.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1153304119306629160/image.png

Also, increase in flare resistance to Magic 2.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1153304483045060649/image.png

3 Likes

Seems like a solid buff for both IR and SARH department.

1 Like

Is the Magic 2 now more flare resistant than the R73

No, they’re identical.

Gaijin don’t know how to read french so they copy pasted from R-73,… The French joke will continue

8 Likes

What a joke. Both 2000D and 5F could get Missile Warning Systems (D2M), yet they don’t. M2000-5Fs A-G radar submode is completely missing with MPRF TWS mode. Now they just copy and paste R-73s ECCM into R550-2. MiG with new 27ER and 27ET buff as well as R73s and F-16 with four Mikes + two Sparrows (which she cannot launch due to SMS and Radar not supporting it.) , Mirage simply cannot match against other top tier jets.

The F-16 can launch AIM-7M, this was thoroughly discussed. The complaints are valid though, and I hope we see the Mirage 2000 blossom into a true competitive fighter next year.

1 Like

F-16C Blk.50/52 in US service never did fly with Sparrows. There are lengthy discussions about why it didn’t and very likely couldn’t on F16.net and DCS forums and, Only few export countries (possible via modifications on SMS and Radar) are flown with Sparrows. If we go by the “export modifictions are allowed” rule we should see wide variety of ordinance (such as Penguin ASM) Yet we don’t.

There are well founded studies showing that the F-16’s HPRF radar mode is capable of guiding the sparrows just fine. The F-15 did it this way, the F/A-18 did it this way… the block 50’s required modifications to shoot the sparrows would have been relegated to downloading some software. The same reason the Mirage 2000-5F is equipped with the Super 530D at the moment (not including the HPRF guidance requirement), since it never used it in service either.

new update

PL-11 should be added then ?

No, the J-8F lacks a HPRF radar mode to guide the Sparrow based missile and does not have a continuous wave transmitter. It is solely capable of mid-course for active homing missiles such as the PL-12.

1 Like