Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/eXljDYKNCLQI
RDY radar has incorrect bar height (should be increased from 3 degrees to 7.5 degrees)

6 Likes

Nice, can they also be carried where the fuel tanks are? Meaning a total of 8 missiles?

nope

M2K is 6x AAM max

All right, thanks

Still very nice :)

1 Like

the computer only supports 6 missiles

1 Like

MICA IR can be guided by datalink, no ?
Wouldn’t that make it able to loft too ?

Genuine question

Can’t ingame all Mirage 2Ks carry 530D/F where those tanks are located?
@Macekeeks answered

1 Like

yeah that’ll be enough for now X)

First plane in the tree with 8 missiles (other than mirage 4000) would be rafale F4, with 2x Meteor + 6x MICA as of today

Yes

Not necessarily because R-27ER also has datalink but it doesn’t loft, you could manually loft the missile though like how R-27ER can be manually lofted.

1 Like

The MICA IR should also be capable of lofting, and definitely should. I’d attribute the reduced range to potential increase in mass of the missile as well as the less aerodynamic nose.

i’d imagine the PID/Algorithm would be the same for both missiles, but IDK tbh, I’ll go looking for some sources

Both missiles are 112kg so they have the same mass.

I tried finding evidence of MICA IR lofting, but in two different primary magazines, there was a section on MICA EM and a section on MICA IR. The MICA EM sections in two of the magazines stated it had loft while it was absent in the MICA IR sections. I know abscence of a mention isnt evidence, but there’s also a video of an Indian Rafale firing a MICA IR at a drone at the same altitude. The MICA IR didn’t loft.

The best evidence would be to try and find videos of MICA IR lofting while being aimed at a lower altitude target, similar to how there’s one for MICA EM. That would be good.

1 Like

AFAIK the range is only affected by the seeker’s shape (pointy is better, a certain movie character would enjoy that)

As @DirectSupport said, both missiles are 112 kg

3 Likes

Never mind, logically the MICA IR has loft because its the only way that it has high range in VL scenarios. That would be our evidence.

1 Like

Admiral Aladeen approves this statement.

5 Likes

When gajin give new Mirage 2000D with 3rd generation target designation pod and new guidance Air-to-Ground munitions range 50 ~ 60 km after Mirage 2000D-R1 ?

Maybe not 50-60km, because we’re still missing GPS Paveways on any western vehicles in-game.

you mean AASM ?

I thought about that munition, but tbh, other than the laser variant, i can’t see how they could work in game. Might be an interesting discussion for a new thread on those entirely though.

And while 70km looks nice on paper, In game lasers currently lose lock at 15km, so i don’t know what to think of it

You guess next major update in summer this year gajin could add GPS/INS Air-to-Ground munitions for aircraft at rank 8 from all nations ?

Safran AASM-Hammer ? right 👍

I found domestic france Air-to-Ground ordinance thread Safran AASM-Hammer from classic forum

1 Like