Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

I’ll have to test this then on the F-14

Yeah, it’s not a feature implemented into the game as of yet.

I’m saying that if/when it is, then the scan height for the mirage 2000 radar in TWS mode is going to be an obstical to overcome.

this is false @tripod2008 tested it

Yeah, I misunderstood what a developer’s response was to a certain report:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1217891484037152909/missilelaunchenvelope.png?ex=6605acd5&is=65f337d5&hm=ba8879e78d49e6c770b8a68afdb7b710b1d5002bc9584384eb6de2fad95e1859&

I took a look over the RDY document, should be 4 line scan with 15 degrees rather than 3, I’ll have to see about reporting it.

2 Likes

Lmao 13 kills in sim with the C-S5

As long as the first target “dot” stays visible on the 4 degree TWS scan, Phoenix will guide on it using data link, but if it only for one second disappears, datalink is broken and missile is on inertial.

This is why there are many people advocating for fixing F-14s TWS jumping lock. It jumpes once and datalink is severed and cannot be fixed. Interesting info is that the new Fox 3s had datalink reconnect, but I’m not sure if it worked even.

Seems like the 2000-5F model we have still has the MICA pylons in the hangar and in games, with some bugs:

2 Likes

just noticed today the the Mirage-2000D has all large calibre CM’s aren’t half of them supposed to be regular? considering it shares the same countermeasure system as the 5F on the belly?

Those are not the pylons.

The pylons are far more heavy ^^"

1 Like

We need those MICA fast, hard to be back with 4 aam

1 Like

I checked AssetViewer and found the MICA pylon.

7 Likes

The problem is that the AWG-9 (even though its mechanical and 70s tech) is actually pretty smart. It will automatically move its radar dish to keep the thing you are TWS guiding the missile to, to keep the Aim-54 on track.

Thats whats wrong about it

Gaijin cant model yet the how TWS guides multiple targets and keeps them all in TWS mode even though those multiple targets could be at different altitudes.

How is that possible without difficulties? The radar would need to have electronic scanning to provide sufficient quality track at different altitudes. The AWG-9 already had trouble maintaining TWS lock on maneuvering targets. The radar simply just doesn’t scan fast enough to sufficiently guide against multiple maneuvering targets at different altitudes let alone just at one altitude.

The AWG-9 struggled heavily to provide TWS track against maneuvering targets irl, or against multiple targets spread far out. One single defensive target is hard enough without SARH mode hard lock.

2 Likes

problem is, if you are trying to guide 3 phoenixes to 3 targets, and those 3 targets aren’t “aligned” the dish will necessarily lose the track on one of the three. Scanning pattern is still a good old “left-right-left-right and repeat”.

PESA and AESA can probably manage that way better

2 Likes

19 Likes

Can’t wait for this. Love my Mirage2000-5F but I feel like it’s lacking in armament at 4 missiles

6 Likes