Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

This could not be done before, redlining with bombs and full fuel.

3 Likes

Cdmin was changed in the M2K FM file, it was decreased. Cdmin has to do with drag.

2 Likes

There were actually changes to some drag coefficients that could be seen directly in the FM code but weren’t mentionned on the usual reddit post. Interestingly, they added a new coefficient to differenciate subsonic and supersonic drag, which was probably needed to reproduce the behavior of the delta wing

3 Likes

Isn’t it beautiful!!? You can now appreciate what the delta wing profile is designed for that high aerodynamic, low drag!

2 Likes

It is! I’m quite sad it didn’t come last week when I was grinding for 2000-5F, but once that gets free flares I will be spading it quite easy.

1 Like

From the .ru forum, a developer’s comment about the display range of vehicle when viewed from Damocles. I wrote to them about the fact that the player’s vehicles cannot be seen beyond 10km and PGM bombs cannot be used beyond 20km due to an artificial limitation.

“The developers are aware of the problem, but it is not a priority now, because in the current realities, the existing work distance is quite effective. In the future, with the appearance of more similar weapons and more modern ones, the developers will solve the problem.”

it’s a pity that they added weapons that they are not going to fully implement …

4 Likes

That’s a shame. Currently at the range it is set right now, Pantsirs can still fire first before Pantsir is identified on Damocles targeting pod. There’s still other issues with Damocles and targeting pods in general that I will be making a report about soon.

4 Likes

It was in the datamine, the dataminer forgot to add the drag change to the reddit post.

1 Like

For anyone curious… on top of the acceleration fix the Mirage 2000 will also receive a buff to the flight model in the sense that it will have improved lift below 0.4 mach.

This change will be a compromise until they can properly model aircraft with relaxed stability… pretty decent compromise imo.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/WaAKkG8tTPbW

6 Likes

Mirage 2000-5F is going to get correct cockpit lighting

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1087751300730585088/1121553255592362034/Quickest.jpg

4 Likes

Have there been any news about the RDI and RDY scan rates? I remember @DirectSupport making an awesome bug report where the 120 degree and 60 degree horizontal scans were taking the same amount of time, and I remember it being acknowledged, but nothing since. I can’t find the bug report anymore either, although there’s a couple about the RDY missing TWS in MPRF mode (Community Bug Reporting System) and the ability to automatically switch modes to keep the best possible track on a target (Community Bug Reporting System).

1 Like

I guess latching onto that, anybody know the status of HMS/HMD coming to the 2000-5? Remember looking at the bug report, but it only being marked as a suggestion.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/SYZINwDVHueM

1 Like

Some features will take awhile to implement according to Smin. Others will be implemented or fixed.

3 Likes

I asked Smin about it this past week. He said it’s still under review. I suspect though, that missile and radar changes are going to come this Tuesday or the one after, and we should see it then. But that’s just my guess. If you look at the past few patches, in the few weeks after, a lot of radar and missile changes occurred after the patches. So historically we might see a change in a week or two.

3 Likes

So, Gaijin has responded to a report about the 2000-5 being unable to use Super 530’s with this idea that Dassault would retrofit them on if the customer wanted them. Has there been any indication anywhere that anyone actually asked for this, and any indication anywhere that Dassault would have not simply used all 4 pylons that the 2000-5 has for mounting more Super 530’s?
The 2000-5F in game right now feels like a very made-up plane. With 4xSuper 530’s it would be at least interesting to fly.

1 Like

Many people already discussed that and NO you cannot carry any 530 on center, no pylon has ever been developped to fit a 530 there don’t even bother checkink. Also @DirectSupport or @MiG_23M do you have any infos on Magic2 improvement progression or not at all?

1 Like

Have patience and wait for an official response.

1 Like

Well official responses tend to be like “This would be too advanced for the game” or “Devs believe there is lack of infos” and on the other side missile like python 3 get added but they aren’t op no no. I do consider they have no IRCCM but still.

1 Like

Old Mirage cockpit lighting
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1015732675115491348/1122900830916456561/shot2023.06.2215.12.57.jpg

New Mirage cockpit lighting
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/844671240605138954/1123092150335328317/shot_2023.06.26_22.26.27.jpg

7 Likes

From today, Mirage 2000C-S5 cannot reach to 12~13G.
its weird. notthing was changed on datamine(except drag eff, acceleration over mach), but I cannot reach to 12~13G.
It stucked at 10G max with 2* Magic+2* 530D at any altitude, any speed, any amount of fuel.
Even in a clean state, I only instantaneously reached 12G for a very short time in less than 10 minutes of fuel, and I couldn’t pull it over 11G.
I don’t know if 2000-5 is also experiencing the same symptoms.
anybody have idea about this?

1 Like