Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

im not sure why you seem mad about the things that i said but ok.

i know this is the 29 thread, it was just a comment related to f16 while I was still talking about the mig29s rwr, saying -oh yeah nerf the f16- and actually work to make bug reports are different things, that was my point, but anyway, still doesnt seem a very welcome change nerfing the spo-15 in 12.0
for me it would make more sense to remove the r27er from the 9.13 and 9.12 and give them the r73s

Does it though

no, the f16 just get a buff only

and

aim120 in a month will do the same thing and the weaknesses of the spo15 already show themselves well enough in game as is. Also the f16c is still better in bvr than the mig, it just gets a worse missile.

Then how is it better

1 Like

It really isnt, not even close considering the disparity in missiles. The SMT is even better as it has the defacto best radar in-game by a country mile and will retain that advantage for a couple patches atleast, not that it would be affected by a SPO-15 nerf.

smt have maybe the best rwr and the worst dogfight ability xd

No its the second best

The SMT isn’t even the second best dogfighter in the MiG-29s, let alone all jets in the game.

but it ain’t the worst mate its one of the best

I mean, its not that bad at dogfighting, its still incredibly competitive in terms of FM with everything it faces despite the other mig-29’s and the F-16’s being superior to some degree. The R-73’s are also very good.

Its not like everything you face is an F-16C

Also, the SMT just got some more CM’s as well. So it might have the worst FM of all the MiG-29’s, but it gets the best avionics and CM suite, which is arguably more important in the current meta

you are just using it wrong and the mig29 is one the best jets stop asking for it to better then the f16 in every way

2 Likes

You act like the MiG-29 wasn’t in the EXACT same situation prior to the recent F-16 and MiG-29 changes lmao.

Theres also other considerations in other game modes. Tournaments a pure dogfight fests so its always the best jet at dogfighing that dominates. In sim, avionics, weapons and visibility are king, the F-16’s radar is decent, the RWR is very good, the visibility is unmatched and the 9M’s low smoke motor makes them dominant in both sim and ground rb since there isn’t the missile diamond crutch to tell you when a missiles been fired.

Thats just a complete lie lmao

2 Likes

you don’t care you just want to dominate in your mig29 like it how it was before and want it to be better then everything

The MiG-29SMT is easily defeated by the MiG-23ML series as well as the Mirage 2000, it’s not even top 5.

The issue is primarily the overperforming F-16. The RWR has been reported I’ve been told, it’s up to gaijin and not us. They want an overperforming F-16… if they want a nerfed RWR… It will be so.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t say easily mig23ml only got r60ms and r23s

*on a dogfight

Nothing the MiG-29 has will be a threat to the MiG-23, a merge will happen every time with competent pilots and the MiG-23 will win. The SMT can run away, but that’s it.

1 Like

Please leave the thread if you can’t be respectful

3 Likes