Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

I’m noticing a pattern

Not due for the reason you claim but bc NCTR was useless, unreliable and didn’t get used in combat IRL according to him

In fact in one of Cesar Rodriguez’s engagements, immediately after the maneuver kill I think, AWACS called bandit north of him. He had radar lock, he was locked by a Mig-29 on RWR, NCTR showed mig29 but IFF showed friendly(3/4 in the matrix) which is why he didn’t take sparrow shot. So he dove and beamed to break radar lock. The wingman had everything above and IFF negative(4/4) so he fired and got the sparrow kill.

Mode 1 and Mode 4 is related to IFF is in the environment if I remember.

1 Like

The thing is that we have a considerable amount of info on 70s/80sWestern(US and UK to some extent) and 80s 90s soviet(Mig29 and su 27 which are quite detailed). So we can tell, its older planes like 21, F4(E variant only) where it gets vague.

So this is recognition based on RCS output?

Moving this to the AIM-54 thread
(Not inappropriate, stop flag abuse)

JEM, but may include other techniques like you say RCS output, signal resolution/phase/azimuth etc. This is classified almost completely, but JEM is known to be. We’ll probably never know in our lifetimes.

There will be minor adjustments. that answer has been too shortened.

3 Likes

nice

If we have all the correct info and if it really should be how ur saying then the vehicle must be fixed. However, i don’t think they’ll be touching these aspects soon because they still didn’t fix the f-16 flight-model even with all the proofs circling around the forums and the tests made by the community showing that the plane is gigaoverperforming in terms of maneuverability, there’s probably an interest behind it just like it is with the mig29 bvr capabilities currently being better than the western vehicles.

did you already make a report regarding that matter?

I don’t get that response… I know very well that MiG-29G manual and practical aerodynamics curves match very well since they are literally the same aircraft lol.
The problem here is that practical aerodynamics literally does not have any chart for sustained sea level turn (and in general does not have any STR chart for AoAs above 24 degrees).

Also no reference was said about whether the in game MiG-29 matches those curves

2 Likes

That’s nice to hear (a minor adjustment for low speed is all the bug report was about).
The answer did feel a bit weird lol.

2 Likes

Since when are manpads related to the MiG-29?

2 Likes

Hope these fixes come soon, thank you for your service sir

1 Like

We need a proper mandpads thread

2 Likes

Just title it and say “open for discussion” in the OP.

4 Likes

problem solved

How much does the SMT weight over the regular products?

1,000kg more than the 9-12 (German one)