Manpads general thread

Open for discussion

There is no need for more introductions, it has been and said and proved that all manpads and shorads like the mistral completely underperform in game. Reports have been opened and multiple months have passed without a single change

Source: Gunjob

2 Likes

Hmmmm I wonder what Roland it means

Oddly it says the tunguska has 40g

Becouse obviously this list should be taken with grain of salt especially on soviet stuff. But tunguska supposed to be 32G.

2 Likes

Imagine buffing vehicles that are a direct counter to their money-making machines at that tier.

3 Likes

Yeah, we’ve seen MANPADS/Starstreaks are pretty good at downing Kamovs IRL.

3 Likes

Turns like 3g in game lol

Having played with the new optical tracker system on the Strela-10 I have to say it’s a worlds of difference man actually being able to engage helicopters is fricken great. It’s quickly replacing the LAV-AD as my favorite IR flinger. I have also heard from some friends that the Type-93 is amazing now and the Type-81C is also really good.

My hopium now is that they give 92K it’s datalink capabilities so it can also get better range against helis like the Type-93, and Strela-10 do.

1 Like

Have been playing LAV-AD recently and it’s a good SPAA for the most part. Only thing that’s aggravating is the inability to lock ATGM helis if they have a single braincell.

One can only hope.

1 Like

Bit of credit when reposting my documents would nice.

1 Like

Rule of thumb is, if it was in use with Germany at the fall of the wall it is a full elevation of the system. If it wasnt then it’s an estimation based on intelligence gathered which naturally can lead to some over/under estimations.

2 Likes

I had no idea who originally posted this, I just transferred it from the mig29 thread. I will add credits

1 Like