Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Maybe better off in DMs, before someone who is salty comes by and reports us again.

no, I wanna watch

MiG-29 changes are expected next week based on the dev response to my report so I’ll touch over all of the changes since last major patch again and go over why it is the way it is. Hopefully the changes result in an improved flight model and not worsening the energy loss.

Is this your guess or was it confirmed they are going to be looked at/adjusted?

Those changes have already come… This is a bit of a late reply…?

I heard thr smt might get better engines is that true? If so how much better?

Sorry, where you readed that?

I misinterpreted the dates, apologies.

I am fuzzy on when exactly the SMT variant received improved RD-33 engines. However afaik, they were updated with better materials and manufacturing processes which while making service life and reliability better, also resulted in an increase of approximately 7% thrust.

1 Like

The SMT never had better engines. That’s one of the many bs statements that someone said in the forum/reddit and spread to the whole community

Source?

1 Like

RD-33MKs which I mistakenly believed the SMT received in later life updates.

No

SMT did not receive RD-33MK engines and will never receive

SMT did not receive RD-33MK engines and will never receive

I have addressed this error previously.

All you need to know about R27 and whether to play mig29 in less than 20 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-J44BLp5ks

It’s a bug that affects all missiles

1 Like

Does anyone have a manual for the R-27R/T missiles?

@EpicBlitzkrieg87 I wonder MiG-29SM (9-13M) fitted N019MP Topaz radar and equip Air-to-Air & Air-to-Ground armament like MiG-29SMT (9-17) but lightweight airframe, no AGM Kh-29TD and no targeting pod ?

Technically speaking there is no reason for the MiG-29SM 9-13SM not to be capable of using modern AGMs. It’s about what Serbia has in stock.

Spoiler

Testing of the use of air-to-surface guided weapons with television GPS has been carried out since 1995 on an experimental MiG-29 fighter No. 405 and a converted serial MiG-29 No. 4711, while the first image of the terrain was transmitted to the standard direct vision indicator (IPV), and the second - to a monochrome electronic monitor installed instead of it.the beam indicator used in the SOI of MiG-29M aircraft. The experimental MiG-29 No. 4808 (onboard No. 357) was also used to determine the flight performance and stability and controllability characteristics of the fighter with the new armament, but no launches (discharges) were made from it. Tests under the MiG-29SM program were successfully completed in 1996.
The foreign premiere of the MiG-29SM took place at the Le Bourget Air Show in June 1995, where the MiG-29 prototype No. 405 was demonstrated, which received the “exhibition” No. 331 and equipped with a variety of guided weapons of the air-to-air and air-to-surface classes. Later, the role of the MiG-29SM at international exhibitions (in Berlin in 1996 and in Paris in 1997) was “played” by the experienced MiG-29 No. 4808 (onboard No. 357, “exhibition” No. 353) with an in-flight refueling system.

Serbia-2023…

Spoiler

You guess gajin probably planning add another MiG-29 12.7 BR fill gap between MiG-29 (9-13) & MiG-29SMT (9-19) in the future ? 🤔