Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

9-15 would be a Flanker eater
mig29m-1

3 Likes

Just imagine that Gaijin decides to introduce 9-15 with TVC, would’ve been a real Terminator.

1 Like

Idk how good it would be compared to the flanker but i’m pretty sure it would’ve been an awesome fighter, it fixes almost every weakness the original mig29 had when talking about BVR, not to mention the new engines and fbw that would improve the already fantastic flight performance that the fulcrum got.

For the 90s it would’ve been an amazing vehicle.

3 Likes

First, read this book…

Spoiler

1б

1 Like

My boy pulls up data out of thin air immediately.

Mig 1.44….

1 Like

I have all, thank you, :-)

We will get it. Probably sometime after the Typhoon comes & Rafale

Knowing GJ I would not be surprised if we get it before both of them lol.

Nah we should have the Mig31 as next completely new platform

Works for me, i always admired Mig 1.44 and other prototypes that never came into service.

Did it have RAM coating or am I tripping? I haven’t gave it a thought for ages.

frankly i think we should have gotten the 29M 9.15 instead of the 9.19, then they could have followed the progression of mig29 variants into the modern times better justified by the with avionics upgrades they received. And the progression would fit in a more historically logical manner.

Or at the very least a proper S variant. Jumping right into the 9.19 was so weird

1 Like

Oh yeah those would’ve been amazing aswell. USSR had very capable scientists and engineers but in the end when talking about technology everything is highly dependant on how much money you have and, unfortunately, the soviet economic system couldn’t adapt to the challenges of administrating a big GDP and population. Had gorba successfully transformed the ussr into a modern economy like the chinese managed to do we’d probably see a lot of these projects becoming reality, maybe even the su57 would’ve been around at the same time of the f22.

this and other many other things that wouldn’t happen…

Of the 76 Su-57 units planned for construction…To date, 22 serial units (30 percent) and 10 Experimental ones have been built…Is it mass production or not?

Production variant was suppose to have, dont remember if prototype did have it.

1 Like

This…

Not really.

But now MiG-29SMT (9-19) from USSR tech tree armed Air-to-Air armament like MiG-29SMT 9-17 standard ?

What?

Ahahha

What other fairy tale are you going to tell?
Serial Su-57

Only MiG-31

1 Like

9-41 for good measure