Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Do you know what the thrust to weight of a Mig29 is on half fuel?

What about Min fuel?

Example,
the F-18C 0.96:1 and shoots up to a 1.13 with loaded weight at 50% internal fuel.

Su27 is 1.07 with 56% internal fuel and drops to 0.91 with full fuel.

1.05 with in game static thrust. Half fuel is 13000kg total weight and about 16 minutes.
On the SMT it’s 0.97 with 20min fuel clean. F-14B on 20min is 0.91.

Min fuel difference is much bigger: 1.04 for the SMT and 0.93 on the F-14B

How unpleasant. Are you insinuating that I’m sandbagging tests so that it appears the MiG-29 isn’t overperforming?

Thats incorrect and thats not how thrust to weight is calculated.

The Mig29 has a 1.09:1.
Thrust to weight is calculated by the engines producing the thrust of the empty weight + full fuel that equals that total empty weight of the aircraft.

The thrust to weight increases as the fuel is burned. 50% internal shoots up. Min fuel to ungodly thrust to weights.

the F-18C a much weaker engine output of 0.96:1 shoots up to a 1.13:1 with loaded weight at 50% internal fuel.

No, please stop assuming that any hint that the aircraft may be underperforming is a personal attack on you and your testing. There is just so many things we must consider. That testing in a vacuum is not always the correct method.

Try the scientific method and state each step for us because what you’re doing is random maneuvers and pointing to variables that aren’t connected thus far. Alpha and lift coefficients were not deduced from your instantaneous G loading tests from prior.

@Giovanex05 Please keep me informed when you test variables using the Yugoslavian manual. If you need a copy let me know I can forward it to you in DM’s.

1 Like

2 Likes

Every time I come to read this thread I always see the same back and forth

1 Like

Read the context though broski. Every day we all become a little more knowledgeable about these old ass aircraft. I learned a lot about testing parameters and about how powerful the Mig29 and F-16 truly are. We are getting somewhere though it may never seem like it.

I don’t mean to barge into a heated discussion but last time I decided to read this thread, it was at like 1500 posts, and then a very lengthy back and forth from what I can tell… has there been any community bug reports that was submitted since then regarding the Mig-29’s flight model? (Last I checked the general consensus is the F-16 FM needed to be nerfed but idk if someone’s submitted a report on that, but that’s a different can of worms unrelated to the Mig-29 so I’ll stop that discussion here)

I think I saw a report for targeting pod that was passed to suggestions, but I’m wondering if there’s anything else substantial since then.

1 Like

Not at the moment brother. @MiG_23M and the team are still reviewing based on people’s complaints as well as I too am running test. Nothing yet.

1 Like

I don’t have a link but I think @MiG_23M put in a bug report today for deflection of the elevators if I’m not mistaken.

there was a report like 2 or 3 months ago and it finally went through a couple weeks ago which buffed STR a little, MiG-23M has also done AoA reports in the past which are implemented

1 Like

Since you read there’s been like 3 major reports, two actioned which actually significantly improved the MiG-29 to the point that the FM is about as good as it’s gonna get pending the discovery of any further discrepancies of the in-game model and the manuals charts (or the charts themselves).

Currently there is an open report that should make the elevators deflect faster, giving better instant turn rate response.

2 Likes

Some would even say the model is

9-13 Do not weigh you check the information carefully. Either an empty weight is indicated, or an empty curb weight is indicated for the empty place. 9-13 heavier by only 100kg

Can you show me which one are those please.

Also, I did not know you submitted on our behalf today. Is that true???

For such purrrfect model we thank you!

this was the bug report that @MiG_23M did today Community Bug Reporting System

but i guess one of the guys from there doesnt want to accept it, this was the response from one of the mods there after the bug report being acknowledged

3 Likes

So we on right?! it went from not a bug to acknowledged!? WOOHOOOOO