Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

they never had it, give them german planes with the removal of 27ER1 instead

There are no German planes. There’s Mig-29A & G 9.12, F-4F, and Eurofighter Typhoon. None are German, and only the Mig-29A can be 12.0, the rest are higher BRs.
It doesn’t matter if they never had it IRL, the jet can still use it until proven otherwise.

it was shown somewhere that R-27ER was not even compatible with export 9.12s electronics, i wont go looking for it but they could not use it.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be compatible, I haven’t seen this source.

I might be wrong, I’m just telling what I saw. I really have 0 real knowledge about this stuff other than what I read here and online, I do not read manuals or 1st sources because I don’t even know where to find them lol.

İ’m sure it was on this forum or Reddit, but I have no clue how to find it. İ remember it was recent though.

Doesn’t change the fact that I hate copy paste, and how Germans got the best version of MİG-29.

Do you know if the export variants are supposed to be worse? Online sources (not sure if they are true stuff like Wikipedia) all claim that export versions of R-27 should have lower range. Are they correct?

The 9.12a’s computer wouldn’t recognize the missiles as r27er/et. It would recognize them as regular r27r/t because there aren’t entries for er/et in the flight computer. It could theoretically fire the missile still though and 100% could with a software update. The pylons and electronics are the same between r/er and t/et. Germany never used the r23t, r24t, r27t, aim9j either, thats simply not a standard gaijin has ever held.

AIM-9J was used on F-4F, R-24T may have been used on MiG-23ML/A. It is simply lack of documentation and the fact that they hid these things from prying eyes in the West that people have the notion that the East-Germans didn’t have these things. It was also shown they had the MLA and not just ML variants of the Flogger as well as R-24 pylons. No reason they could not use the “T” variants.

Aim9j was only used during training in the u.s. not in German service. As far as the r24t being used, that’s news to me because I’ve never even seen a manifest for them accepting the missiles. I have seen a manifest of the Mig29 and r73 being accepted though.

There’s no other reason for them to have included it in the FCS either and they didn’t state that they had MLA either… that was discovered after observing serials and hardware that indicated the upgrade took place.

1 Like

All exported MLs were 23-12As (MLAs) the only 23-12s (real MLs) were USSR only and never exported, MLA is just a unofficial designation and MLAs in service were still called MLs

though I do believe germany never purchases the R-24 but I do not think it matters since the plane was compatible and MLA was and still is more competitive with them

We already have plenty of sorta fictional loadouts and equipment and even fully fictional vehicles, all of this doesn’t really matter as gaijin cares more about gameplay and balance more than historical and technical accuracy.

1 Like

Were any changes made to the FM MiG-29 now? Because I just played a simulator with it and now it had very good energy retention.

There was a changelog today, but they never said anything about the MiG-29fm… still need to test the thing thought

1 Like

So is the MiG29SMT performing as should be or is it lacking a lot of turn ability/AoA?

Oh yeah they also added another 100km range to radar I just noticed.

I still don’t get why they added the export spec of the SMT. Not to mention that the FM feels worse than the apex predators patch day…

I don’t see any improvement to be honest

Yep. It probably just seemed to me. :/

all MiG-29s were nerfed, and the SMT being heavier is even more of a boat compared to the 9-12 and 9-13