Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

I found the F-14 on launch against the MLD to be a fair fight, since then both the MLD and F-14 have seen improvements so I’d need to see where they’re at now.

The difference once again came to ordnance… the F-14 had more missiles with better range… the MLD’s R-24R’s were deadly at close range and the R-60M’s were better than the AIM-9H’s for dogfighting or the furball.

There is a larger disparity in performance from MiG-29 to F-16 currently in favor of the F-16… and according to y’all the F-16 has superior ordnance (I disagree, but whatever).

2 Likes

I think the case of hellfires is GAIJIN being unable to code it. Adding an uncaged seeker is simple as hell

The Italian L-UMTAS missile (Which as far as I can tell is basically just a Hellfire with a long sustainer) ends up with a trajectory much closer to a Hellfire’s trajectory than the Hellfire in-game.

Fundamentally its just a loft value and some thrust/drag changes since the Hellfires just stall themselves out at the top of their loft instead of being on a ballistic trajectory but instead they just don’t do that.

1 Like

I’m from Türkiye and I can say that it isn’t an Italian missile :D it’s a Turkish missile

Plus that missile should be faster than it is in the game , it is gimped in another way;speed. İt takes like 40 seconds for it to reach 6-7 KM. İt is unusable at 10.3. you have to expose yourself for too long.

But maybe GAIJIN should just copy paste it’s code to hellfires. I have no issue with hellfires being better.

I’d say the best missile of this kind is the one on Rooivalk

Turkish right, either way it trounces the Hellfires in kinematic range and angling against the target despite having 2/3 of the thrust because Gaijin logic

And yeah the Mokopas are very good

1 Like

I do agree as of now with your position.

However, It does have a superior radar and ordinance and is only a matter of time before that comes so what can we do to limit the disparity as a proactive measure?

The radar is actively limited such as the ACM HMD and it is still limited to Aim7M (Fs really).

If they unleash that on us what does the older generation Mig29s have? Addionally the F16C has internal CMs of a much higher number than any Mig29 besides the SMT. The Barak has a crap ton.

The Mig29 is pretty out gunned and out flown out there as of right now and is only going to get worse imo. What other measures can we take or investigate further to improve?

1 Like

Lol no one wants to talk about the fact that the Jh7 is smashing every mig23 and 29 SMT in a knife fight being almost 2x bigger and almost 10,000lbs heavier and not even a fighter. Even the F16 has trouble with this thing.

I just jumped in this thing and completely dominates in the dogfight at its BR. If you ever are bored and just want to dunk. Jump in the Jh7. Its such a delight to play.

9-13S the 9-13 Is Just a minor upgrade ti the standard One.

Happy you are happy with the changes!

2 Likes

The first is that there are no documents MiG-29M does not look like an ordinary 29, well, it is possible THAT the team will cry because 4 R-27ER or 8 R-77

1 Like

N001 it’s bigger n019. N019 in game have similar characteristics to track speed like n010

Sadly no PESA modelled.

PESA radar like N011/M appeared only on later flankers like Su-27M, Su-35/37, Su-30MKI/MKI(A)/MKM/SM

Isn’t the N010M a PESA radar

No

1 Like

So the only thing missing Is the ability tò lock more targets at once.

In my experience, the AIM-9M has a better irrcm than the r73.
For example, the R73 very easy to flare if you fire it from the front, side, side-rear.
AIM-9M only from the front.
Virtually impossible to flare is R73 if you fire in rear aspect.
AIM-9M in rear aspect, side-rear aspect, side aspect

3 Likes

This is exactly what I experience with both missiles.

R-73 has 1 advantage
The Aim-9m has as many as 3 in the IRCCM deadline.
Somehow I’ve been noticing oddly lately that my R73/R27ETs prefer to fly at allies rather than enemies.
Recently I met an @ARK_BOI in my team and unfortunately my R73 instead of flying into the enemy flew into him, likewise the other R73 preferred to fly into another ally rather than the enemy by which it threw me out of the game for “team killing”.

3 Likes

Sure but that doesn’t negate the disadvantage of tracking suspension. By simply changing direction while flaring you can evade any 9M.