Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29 Fulcrum - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

Since we knew that Ukraine got Mig-29AS from Slovak.
And the main upgrade of the Mig-29AS is not included Radar, they upgraded to unify with NATO standard communication, better HUD and IFF.
So can this image is a prove that Mig-29 9-12B (which is the base frame for Mig-29AS) can use R-27ER ?
Correct if i’m wrong about the Missiles.

2 Likes

Using my phone those appear to be standard R-27R not R-27ER. My guess is that the fire control system wouldn’t identify the updated R-27ER and provide correct launch zone information to the pilot for aircraft not intended to carry the R-27E series.

That doesn’t stop them from launching it as an R-27R knowing that if the target is within lock range of the N019 it would also very likely be within range of the R-27ER lol

1 Like

https://youtu.be/9uKCnIdXKPQ?t=3543

4 Likes

I believe you are using Airliners.net as a source. Airliners.net is quite unreliable. They often misidentify the variants. For example my country operates MiG 29 (9-12B) but Airliner.net and other similar websites misidentified it as MiG 29SE

3 Likes

9-13S has never been to Ukraine.They never had the N019M. All 9-13S, including prototypes, were in Russia.

4 Likes
  1. Slovakia, after the division of property with Czechoslovakia, got 10 pieces of 9-12A…
    2.14 pieces of 9-12B were delivered from Russia starting in 1994…
    3.In the picture, the tail number 0619 9-12SD (local name AS) converted from 9-12A (MiG-29AS 9.12SD 2960535406/4713 0619)…47-13● 2960535406 MiG-29A /9.12A (1993) No0619 1 IAP Air Force
    Slovakia (Szlach) - 12/21/1993; 31 IAK - 01.01.1995; 02/29/2008
    upgraded to MiG-29AS /9.12SD.
  2. The 9-12SD standard implies the installation (modernization) of a radar for the use of R-77 missiles…at least not lower than H019ME “Topaz”…
Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2024-05-24 103416

1 Like

Instead of trying to take the r27er out from the loadouts, could we suggest gaijin to give the ability to receive the r73 to all the 29 variants, as the 29smt is going to receive r77s this Patch.

@MiG_23M, @_Fantom2451,In general, Ziggy is right about something
To use the version ER(ET). It was necessary to replace the On-board computer from Ц100 to Ц101

1 Like

if the source is correct , then there should be no mig 29s capable of firing the ER variant .
if the missile is set to use different parameters after software updates( don’t know if that is the case )
missile will not be able to determine the radar returns as the settings have been changed
ET would have no problem tho

to compare , what is stopping ADATS to use M919 APFSDS round? there should be no problem at all

1. MiG-29MU1…Ukrainian modernization of the MiG-29 (9-13). A satellite navigation system receiver is installed, which is integrated into
    Avionics, which increases the accuracy of navigation and the range of application of automated means of instrumental
    landing. The detection range of aerial targets has been increased by 20% (up to 100 km in the front hemisphere and up to 45 km in
    the rear). Its improved R-27ER1 and R-27ET1 missiles, manufactured by the Ukrainian State
    -owned Artyom Company, have a launch range of up to 95 km.
    Снимок экрана 2024-05-24 134146
    Ukraine also performed a similar radar upgrade on Polish MiG-29…
Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2024-05-24 135809

1. Look for yourself in detail there is in the registry-I gave the links above…
Spoiler

Снимок экрана 2024-05-24 135037

1 Like

provide examples im intrigued

1 Like

Unfortunately, In this case It does not matter what you think I used in a 60 second online search of an aircraft that was ONLY found out to be a 9-13 because the very website you fail to comprehend had already provided the most valuable piece of official information that one must have to officially verify what any one aircraft Model & Type upon serial production in must have the ICAO 24-bit address (we can actively look up now) that is unique to he aircraft and is documented upon registration of the aircraft.

The serial number was correct & that is all that matters.

The name of the Mig-29 was also still correct.
It was just a single letter S for modification that was most likely mistakenly input in by an individual who’s job is to update the catalog . Have you ever done data entry before? Probably not, but I can assure you the process is always susceptible to error when done for extended period. The information that matters is correct.

As for a specific website that I never once referred to by name ever on this forum before…

Again, the serial number was correct & that is all that matters.

Additionally the pictures I provided of the Ukrainian 9-13 in question already existed years before the websites ever became operational. But many sites

I will never post a source unless I verified & deemed to be irrefutable. :) I just figured that was an upgrade that has no bearing on the ER anyway & why none of you can find the ER on Ukrainian Mig-29s not upgraded with the N019M Topaz. Even in Ukrainian possession & expertise, they are not able to slap on ERs to any Mig29. Even though they have the Topaz & Mech N001…Because they do not produce the radars that guide them & the R-77s. Only the Russian Federation does.

It is too funny now that you mention a dislike for a website I never even cited while you cannot see the greater value provided right under your nose but are fixated on a missing letter or number in the profile on the site. So now the site is greatly unreliable? You do not know what unreliable is, you cannot determine what reliable is.

The most hilarious part of this attempt to disprove a website I did never cites is the fact that @BBCRF used a copyright owned photo taken from the Russian Aviation Photo Team for Airliners.net of a well-known of a 9-13S of the Russian Federation that has the N019M Topaz radar & thus R-27ERs guidance compatibility. All information on it is surgically spot on & accurate on the site

This is unfortunately confirms my suspicions I have had for the longest just reading anything stated by him in relation to Soviet aviation longer than five minutes.
@BBCRF does not actually have any understanding of Soviet Aircraft history & design philosophy. Has no ability to identify key historical moments of the Brezhnev era.
He does not even have access to a single Mig29 or Su27 in all of War Thunder but swears the Devs ruined the Flanker & modelled it horribly.

Oh & he might be blind because that is an R-27R not ERs lol.

Can you please show what radar it has, and a simple photo of the ER attached?

Do you understand you just defeated their argument that the ER can be fired from any unmodified, non upgraded N019 Rubin?

Do you understand you only further prove my point once again?
The ER cannot be fired from any unmodified N019 Rubin.

You literally just offered your own evidence that only ERs can only be fired from upgraded MODERNIZED N019 radars.

Thanks!

Take a look at this site 36100 | Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29SE Fulcrum C | Bangladesh - Air Force | Tawkir Hossain | JetPhotos
They say its MiG29 SE and it has the serial number as well. Clicking on the serial number shows that its MiG 29SE but the thing is its not MiG 29SE.

It shows how unreliable these types of sites are. You can’t use these types of sites as a source.

4 Likes

These are clearly MiG 29 9-13. They have the larger dorsal fin(or whatever its called)

Because countries received upgrades from the Russians and those are hard to keep track… In sound research you must expect discrepancies. You need to understand this is how open source intelligence works. You need to learn how to sift through it.

Not cry about a missing letter. If the serial number is correct. You follow the trail.

Even direct sources from Russian military will always have intentional element of maskirovka placed through out. I suppose to understand these things requires someone privy doctrines in intelligence gathering & counter intelligence.

Did you look up the serial number? Or dorsals determine everything?

Looking up the serial number(MSN) will only show the Airliners.Net pictures. There’s no guarantee that these serial numbers are official. These are written by the people who took these pictures.

Yes Dorsals can determine the variant.

There is two sources confirming serial. You can find it.

That’s where I left off because it’s irrelevant to me.