Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 'FLOGGER' - History, Design, Performance & Dissection

but not in any way for inside the cockpit/ sim

i just want a radar that doesn’t repeat top and bottom bars man

1 Like

The HUD is sadly all sorts of broken. I really wish they would give it some more love because its actually very unique for the time

2 Likes

Just another day for Soviet aircraft HUDs in game

4 Likes


https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/HSeJ1FoUwY4p

I think they might just be correct honestly. I do think they should make it switch to BS when there is chaff but as for manual selection of MTI I think it was not possible in the way we would use it in WT

1 Like

Problem is that automatic selection very often cause lost of target on radar. Would be nice if I can turn it off even if I could only use SRC mode.

Peak has arrived

7 Likes

Summary

RP-23E Radar Modes

ВСМВ-БСВ

High Altitude Mode (H > 2500m)

  • Pulse Radar Mode
  • No Clutter Filtering
  • Radar scale set to 30 km

ВСМВ-CMВ

Medium/Hight Altitude Mode (H > 1500m, <2500m) When Looking above the horizon:

  • Pulse Radar Mode
  • No Clutter Filtering

When Looking under the horizon:

  • MTI / Pulse Doppler Mode

  • Clutter Filtering

  • Increased notch filter and degraded detection range

  • Radar scale set to 60 km

ВСМВ-MВ

Low Altitude Mode (H < 1500m)

  • MTI / Pulse Doppler Mode
  • Clutter Filtering
  • Highest notch filter and degraded detection range
  • Radar scale set to 30 km
3 Likes


Hard asf pic
tho the context is kinda dark and not safe for work

2 Likes