(MiG-29SMT) External Guidance Pods

(https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/165d4z9/if_the_mig29_smt_is_added_do_you_think_it_will/)

3 Likes

4th image is an su-27…
😶
but if u posted for the pod yes its k

yes only for pod

MiG-29SMT (9.18 version, without the larger fuel tank we have on 9.19) was displayed with a Russian-built UOMZ Sapsan-E targeting pod at MAKS 2003

Images

edit:-
Also, the MiG-29SMT prototype 9.17 (the one previously seen with PDLCT) was displayed with Sapsan-E at MAKS 2005

Only partially visible on the left of the image

6 Likes

3 Likes

Easier/quickest solution would be to give it the PDLCT since it’s already been modeled in the game and it definitely complies with Gaijin rules ( being technically possible regardless of actual adoption ) . Then subsequently they can model domestic ones like the SASPAN or T220 .

3 Likes

We need thermal imaging pods

3 Likes

Personally, I expect gaijin consider add Sapsan-E on MiG-29SMT 9-19 after current dev server because it’s 3rd gen targeting pod, Su-30M2 and Su-30SM access this targeting pod

5 Likes

I got the thread moved over.

1 Like

kinda late but

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/TbPZYqM9gXRB

5 Likes

With any luck we will see it soon, perhaps even the December update. Russia could definitely use a proper thermal targeting pod now. As SPAA continue too get more lethal and creat a larger zone of denial, a targeting pod becomes a must have too quickly find a launch on targets.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing more capable and modern multi role fighters for Russia such as the Su-30/35. Even the 34 dosnt seem too far off at this point

2 Likes

This is not f16. So the gaijin just nerf that and never give any usefull good thing what increase the combat ability

Su-33 isn’t multirole, unguided bombs and rockets are the best it can carry.

This loadout is meant for the MiG 29BM(Belarusian equivalent of SMT)

My apologies, I think I meant Su-35

This targeting pod never existed, and UOMZ sued for patent and said in court that the such product doesn’t exist outside of mockup

Gajin forgot targeting pod on MiG-29SMT (9-19) 3 previous major update, so I hope gajin consider add targeting pod for MiG-29SMT (9-19) in 2024

Unsure MiG-29SMT (9-19) equipped T220/E or UOMZ Sapsan-E

A great study about the Su-39 thermal imager and its realization. Please support with likes and comments

6 Likes

I created a suggestion on the Ru forum, where I listed the airplanes with thermal imagers. Please vote

4 Likes