MBT-2000: The Star of the East

I would suggest you to make a separate thread for Type 69IIA discussion.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar at all with this vehicle. So which version is this as this is confusing based on the description and such, is it the Chinese version of the MBT-2000 or the Al-Khalid? I saw previously in the description it said it had a French transmission like the prototypes but no longer says that (unless I missed it). I also see things like that the standard Al Khalid and MBT-2000 are pretty much the same vehicle. Can someone clarify this please? I appreciate it.

1 Like

There is the same amount of challengers and abrams…

The version we got is a mix of some prototype MBT-2000 which had Western engine(1300HP) and transmission. Gaijin only gave us the french transmission with actual MBT-2000 engine.In real life MBT-2000’s maximum reverse speed is only 31 Km/H.
Both MBT-2000 and Al Khalid originated from Type 90IIM.Al khalid’s development is similar to JF-17’s.Both Al khalid and MBT-2000 were a joint project of China and Pakistan.China makes MBT-2000 for export while Pakistan makes Al khalid for themselves.Al Khalid has some differences with MBT-2000.For example Al Khalid has soft kill APS but MBT-2000 does not(or at least it’s not tested on it).Al Khalid uses Pakistani ERA while MBT-2000 uses chinese ERA.Al Khalid also has Pakistani thermal sight and they use a licenced version of some 125mm gun for Al Khalid.MBT-2000 has 2 ERA blocks on each side while Al Khalid has none.Al Khalid also gets a DU round which MBT-2000 doesnt have.Al Khalid-1 and Al Khalid-2 has even more differences.

2 Likes

Gotcha, so currently some weird hybrid vehicle for the time being that will hopefully get corrected during the devserver. Likely will be tailored to the Chinese version but I hope we get the Al Khalid at some point.

2 Likes

@Stona_WT what BR will this be placed at initially?

1 Like

Sorry, it was my fault for changing to the Type 69 theme, but every time I get more annoyed when new things are added without first correcting the bugs of things that have been in the game for a long time.
Changing the subject, the MTB-2000 seems like a good addition to me, apart from being a curious vehicle from Pakistan.

1 Like

The description of the French transmission and FY-4 in the Dev blog has been removed. Based on the ERA layout, we can confirm that this is a Chinese late version of the MBT-2000, using 6TD-2E and FY-2. It may receive 125-I and BTA-4/DTW-125.
I think the prototype of MBT-2000 will be referred to as 90-II (FP-1/2/3/4), its Pakistani version will be referred to as Al Khalid, and other export versions will have country abbreviation suffixes to distinguish.

4 Likes

MBT-2000 should go at 10.7 minimum, it’s a ZTZ99II/III like with better mobility, it doesn’t have to do at 10.0 and vs 9.0 !