May Sale in the Gaijin Store!

Guess I waited for no reason…

One more reason not to spend my money here. Every day I find more and more reason to leave this game.

2 Likes

you and me both. was looking forward for the sale to spend some money but nooooope

2 Likes

Is the Rooikat worth it? i might pick it up

30% instead of the usual 50%?

I spent so much on here only to see so many premiums go up in BR and mostly to appease those who don’t pay a penny and never have and never will.

I also no longer spend and play less.

Why should I be the only passenger rowing the boat?

It’s the best light tank the British have for the foreseeable future.
AJAX will be a good IFV, but 105mm gun it does not have.

Imagine people wanting to get the most bang for their buck when everything is already as expensive as it is, even on sale.

2 Likes

Unfortunately there really isn’t one right now. Which is why this company is getting away with what it has.

1 Like

Man i really wanted the M1 KVT i guess i gotta wait and see for the next sale.

1 Like

Kinda lame to bring back the Black Prince but not giving it a discount

1 Like

Agreed but the support all the bad points have is what baffles me. Up tiering is not a good thing it’s a result of WT not being able to make the game work without it.

CAS is needed to mask cracks in one sided battles and the Era mix debacle is there to fill spaces in line ups that never should have been implemented in the first place.

Now they screwed all the maps up, ruined line ups with unnecessary BR shifts, implemented a crazy damage model for planes and even ruined the forum with the flagging episode.

Bethesda only survived because the players took control and created modding which kept Fallout and Skyrim alive despite poor developers.
War Thunder needs the same.

2 Likes

There are countless amazing vehicles on sale.
Tiger 2 SLA, Somua SM, Wyvern, Tu-1, Rooikat…
Not every purchase should be the top rank, in-fact it should rarely be that. There are so many great vehicles to experience.

@EddieVanHalo
There are no one-sided battles for ground. CAS doesn’t impact ground vehicle bRs.
Lineups are fine.
Plane damage models haven’t changed.

If players had their way, WT would become COD.

2 Likes

They’re really not priced as something you buy for fun, they’re horrible value for what you get… it makes a lot more sense to buy a higher tier vehicle that offers more value.

Thanks for the sales pitch, Alvis, you really do a good job for your employers.

All those premiums are fine until Gaijin raise their BR and make it so they are good no longer but by then they will have your cash right?

6 Likes

Well, that’s disappointing…
Was hoping to get myself the Greek Apache to do some heli EC in hopes of getting to DAP bit faster.
I guess not then.

2 Likes

Your argument would hold water if what you said was the case for every May sale, that being WW2 and those unique premiums like Black Prince.
But alas, that is not the case

2023 “Victory Day” modern vehicles which were 50% off

Spoiler
  • T-2 Pack
  • AH-64A Apache Pack
  • Rooivalk Pack
  • Su-25K Pack
  • VRCC Centauro Pack
  • Leopard 2A4 Pack
  • Z-19E Pack
  • Challenger DS Pack
  • A-10A Thunderbolt (Early) Pack
  • Type 96A Prototype Pack
  • Dassault Milan Pack
  • Merkava Mk.2D Pack
  • MiG-21 SPS-K Pack
  • A-4E IAF Pack
  • Draken Pack
  • A-5C Pack
  • F-5C Pack
  • Su-7BMK Pack
  • AV-8A Harrier Pack
  • T-72AV (TURMS-T) Pack
  • CV 90105 XC-8 Pack
  • Rooikat 105 Pack
  • Black Shark Pack
  • Super AMX-30 Pack
  • T-55AM-1 Pack
  • Leopard Pack
  • XM-1 General Motors Pack

Whether this was the case with previous years is up for debate but my assumption is that they were (all packs 30% off, including modern vehicles)

5 Likes

In 2023, modern vehicles were 50% off in the May sale… but then, they weren’t on the June sale.

This year, they aren’t 50% off in May, but they will be 50% off in June (which makes more sense). As the Community Managers explained back in 2023, their Sale calendar implies not all vehicles being on sale for all the sales. Since there’s a sale every 2 months, that would imply the game’s prices basically being permanently 50% off; that’s why they are doing a rotary schematic calendar.

The rule of the thumb is: if (X) vehicle isn’t for sale in one particular sale, it will be for sale in the next sale 2 months later. There is nothing to make a huge fuss here.

1 Like

You spend as much time complaining about the game as anyone else

6 Likes

I “complain” about actually legitimate issues that affect the game’s quality, such as unfixed and unaddressed bug reports and issues or balance matters, not about… checks notes: “Gaijin not including the specific modern vehicle I wanted on the Victory Day sale when I know that it will be for sale in less than 2 months for now”. Do not even dare to make such comparison.

The blown-out-of-proportion reactions there are being over this sale are not to be compared, not even remotely, to the criticism towards actual legitimate game issues.

It does seem a bit weird that they flipped the sale compared to last year but it’s not something I’m willing to get all bent out of shape for. That doesn’t mean others have to as well but I’d rather save my frustration/energy for making sure those items that got a no on the last mechanic voting don’t come back after the community said “no thanks”.

No I will because it was such an over-the-top rant. Why not just do a 50% sale on everything. Gaijin make millions and can hardly be accused of spending on the game lately.
I refuse to invest now because I have lost faith in the game for the same reasons you have.

2 Likes