MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

So Strela for the win ?

I’m mainly speaking in the context of 10.3 to 11.3 (sometimes 11.7) but I think this can apply to max br games too.

It doesn’t really help with the constant sales and premiums gaijin does. It’s a coin toss when it comes to the quality of enemies and teammates.

However what I would say is that in this BR bracket, CAS is quite common, even with low quality teammates.

In top tier, I would argue that it’s because of what a certain spaa bring to the table. a sm-sv makes it difficult to play munition-spam aircraft or helicopter where as NATO/China spaa makes playing planes difficult.

Playing NATO spaa, you see more than a couple CAS but majority of them are Mi28 which you just can’t deal with.


By average, do you mean the players that bought their way to top tier, or those who learned the game? I would say that I’m an average tanker and even then it’s quite easy to get in CAS as long as you get 2 kills + 1 assist or 1 kill + 2-3 assist. It’s even easier to do so when you use a light tank.

But coin is modified to output more less skilled allies/enemies. Same goes for cas. Tons of clueless players who have no clue what irccm missile is, how to dodge it and many other high tier stuff. I played pulse doppler phantom at 10.7 during one of previous sales - it just sealclubs those premiums because they just pop flares and hope it will help them somehow.

This applies for all premium brs during sales. People just bought jet and are trying it out. Also new mechanics. Not dresden bombing levels but at least 1-2 clueless baits willing to spot enemy aa. It should go down once sales are over and when people get bored.

Yes, sm sv is currently most versatile one.

Saclos aa like adats or crotale can put them on defensive and greatly reduce their efficiency. Or straight up kill cocky ones. Also some maps let you see them through trees before they even get to launch missile at you. Adats is best at this job after pantsir.
Also aircraft is viable method of dealing with them. Bomb on reloading heli, brimstone, vikhr or tv guided missile - they kill helis without any issues. Some smart ones bring vikhrs or aams but those can be dodged by not flying straight and knowing how to dodge irccm missile.

Average players have 0.6-0.8 kill/spawn and statistically struggle with getting cas. Tv weaponry requires 3-4 times of what they can do on average and ir weaponry requires 5-6 times of that.