MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

Your rejection of the prior posted objective data made your stances clear. Your lack of self-awareness is still showing.

Cute flag.

Maneuverability = Maneuverability plane does it not?

A 22g airplane? That’s impossible.

It can though, as mistral is twice as fast as igla.

Haha no, the plane (axis) of maneuverability. I.e, the state of manuevering

Not aeroplane

3 Likes

Ah, I apologize, I misunderstood you. Perhaps, yes, the axis.

1 Like

I agreed with all sources, including on Igla

1 Like

Hi Gun, what brings you here? :) Oh

Its from the Jaguar Tactics Manual (1992) gathered through FOI from my collection.

3 Likes

M735 be like:

Which they still haven’t corrected.

1 Like

“Just a bug 🐛🐞😂😃, sorry guys!! 😞 🥺🤪 We’re looking into it 🔎👁🤨, but it might take a while 😂🥴🤑”

I don’t know what’s worse; their actual response or that imitation with all the damn emojis.

They’re both equally grating.

1 Like

IMG_20231228_091920_01
Watch them add this as an SPAA option for Russia and Sweden and give it 50g

3 Likes

Ah, sorry, thought it was one of his national archive spelunking trips

1 Like

I would like to clarify what they mean by average and peak G in the blog :
Those two terms refer specifically to the fact that the missile is rolling, it has nothing to do with the speed of the missile or its energy state

Average overload is the maximum overload the missile is supposed to perform on a complete rotation on itself (for igla a complete rotation lasts 0.1 second, for mistral it lasts 0.067 second)
Peak overload is the maximum overload the missile performs when the fins are aligned with the steering direction needed to hit the target, which only occurs for a small period of time during a rotation

10.2 G is the average G for the igla
16G is the peak overload for the same missile. This difference between peak (16G) and average (10G) occurs because of the bang bang method used to steer the fins (63% of 16G being 10G, maths checks out).

The mistral and stinger have an average overload of 25G and 22G repectively, since they don’t use that bang bang method but a PID. The problem is : gaijin thought they did use the bang bang, so they used that 63% reduction on those missiles as well.

TLDR the 63% reduction stated by the devs should only apply to the igla and not to the stinger and mistral since they don’t use the same guidance law.

21 Likes

Guys:
You’re giving us the ability of an AIM-9B for Stinger because IGLA designers were so bad that they can’t achieve better but to make a R-3S as a MANPAD.

And You’re giving R.530E ability to Mistral

Just check up for dates,… just explain to me why would european Missile designers not use more advanced tech?

This current information about the “feeling” of some unknown “experts”. the “experts” are:
→ not named, and so in no instance we can know if those “experts” currently know anything related to aerodynamics through diplomas or experiences
=> just a blatant joke

and most bug reports were clear on the subject
→ i do ask that Primary sources stating the maneuvrability should be used, instead of the copy paste you make from IGLA.

9 Likes

Not on LAV-AD, data linked Stingers didn’t exist until years after LAV-AD entered service as far as I’m aware.

FIM-92Ks are as new as 2017, LAV-AD entered service 1996 and left service in the 2000s.

You should rework your Gaijin History:

→ Gaijin Entertainment was founded in Russia in 2002 by Anton and Kirill Yudintsev, whose first big project was the PC racing game Adrenaline. After the successful launch of War Thunder in 2012, an office in Germany was established, to manage global operations and marketing. The company moved their distribution business from Moscow to Budapest around 2015, and their development headquarters followed shortly after.

3 Likes

You’re just sitting on that huh, can’t wait to play the xenophobia card? Says more about you than me that when someone mentions something being Russian you think about xenophobia, get a grip man, jesus.

2 Likes