MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

That is a bit of a stretch. It might have moved HQ from Moscow to Budapest. But it is still owned by Russians, living in Russia and is still mostly staffed by those living in Russia. It’s a bit likely saying Apple is a European Company because they have a HQ in Ireland.

4 Likes

They moved to Europe in 2015, and closed their only Russian location many years ago.

I’m not sure I agree with you mate - but you’re welcome to your opinion.

With the crap about 'Spall Liners, the Economy and now this Gaijin is not standing on a pillar of integrity atm.

I also understand they still have devs etc in Russia but the Russian side of the business is managed separately.

My man, yes they are (zoomed in for mobile users):

Stinger

Mistral

Igla

Notice how all of these have PID constants and that the Igla is only using a P controller (setting the I and D constants to 0), otherwise known as Bang-Bang.

Btw before you come at me, all of these files were last updated only three weeks ago (2.31.1.63 for Stinger, 2.32.0.26 for Mistral, and 2.32.0.23 for Igla).

3 Likes

The only issue there. Is that those NATO tanks, like the challenger 2, that just got spall liners have been in the game for 2 years and have been struggling without them. Massive improvement to their performance.

But they are only added when the soviets got their first spall liner equipped tank. The timing is just… Concerning

2 Likes

thanks for the correction ;)

i was trying to focus on the 25G figure since it’s the one mentionned in the article and i wanted to avoid any confusion

but yeah the current brochure indeed states 30G for mistral 3

APHEBC to be exact

2 Likes

Now I wonder…
If someone edited Mistral and Stinger code to IRL spec, how would it perform in game?

I mean good stats show that you know what you are doing and what you are talking about, so it does say something about how seriously we should take someone’s opinion.

Now I will give you that 5 games isn’t enough to say that. Although I already had a 1+ K/D in my PSO within 10 games, and rhat thing is pretty close in capabilities to the M1A2 SEP.

The latter 3 are pretty much the same anyway so I guess it did happen like you said here.

1 Like

What he means is that the tanks that has spall liners IRL have been in the game for many years without any plan to add spall liners during that time. They only added spall liners to all those tanks when the first Russian tank that has them was added.
This looks (to an onlooker) like they ignored the lack of spall liners for NATO tanks until it was an issue for a Russian tank, and only then added them to the game for all tanks that had them. Even though it might not be the case (we don’t factually know), this makes it very much look like they care more for the functions on Russian tanks than others and only adding things to the game when a Russian tank need it.

It is not about the addition of spall liners on different timelines, its about tanks that had them IRL being in the game for years without them and only getting them when a Russian tank was added that also has them IRL. It just seems odd to not implement it at the stage two years ago (i’m not sure about the timeframe) when the first tank that had them IRL was added to the game.

3 Likes

When Gaijin excusers say an outrageous claim to make Gaijin seem reasonable to only be shown that Gaijin has already done said thing they thought would show Russian Bias: oop

2 Likes

Those are correct calculations lol.

The same average overload is written for all missiles. Otherwise Igla would have 16g. What’s the difference?

The difference is that the peak overload of the igla is 10g’s, and they gave it the peak overload and not the average.

1 Like

Mercedes has four wheels and so is Lada, hence they are the same car. Well played…

Are you blind, Igla’s docs say it’s available overload, not max

You’re wrong and here’s the technical document to prove it.

Располагаемые = available, not max

Not according do gaijin

I’ve translated the data from the document for you. Actually all missiles have average overload in the maximum column.

But there is no bias. If the stinger has 20, the formula and igla has 16.