MANPADS Missiles and Overload: The Technical Details

Russia has been getting sanctioned since crimea 2014

if you move to Spain, are you then a Spaniard?
if you move to Germany, do you become German?

2 Likes

So they fired every single employee and manager/higher up in russia?

X for doubt…

1 Like

you should definitly just copy paste it into here as well, before their is stuff like wont be considered since it wasnt actualy in the thread

2 Likes

Huh?

I’ll do one better. I’ll quote it all.

I, AlvisWisla, endorse Flame’s entire message in this following link:

And I quote it here for all to see:

5 Likes

Why are Russian standards considered the global standars in WT?

8 Likes

A lot of Russian/Soviet sources are readily available (USSR Collapse to thank for that) . NATO sources, far less so. Unfortunately in this case. The relevant data for Stinger might be classified, or at the very least. Not publicly available.

That being said, they should never have used IGLA data for Stinger. They are too different.

7 Likes

Something just occurred to me.

Could gaijins catastrophic lack of understanding of how modern missile control systems work, also be responsible for the dumpster fire that is the control system of most ATGMs?

7 Likes

That could explain why the TOW is so horribly tedious now.

I gave up on ATGMs since the “La Royale” update

2 Likes

Correction:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/762218683266236436/997340748661936278/unknown.png

8*3=24

Well, wouldn’t you know it, that goes right along with the 25G overload for Mistral 1
Funny… init

7G was for Stinger, btw
Hence 7*3=21; just below 22G for Stinger

Cheers

14 Likes

Well, if all the missiles would fly using bang bang it would explain all the overcorrecting

1 Like

And a lot of those sources are also just outright propaganda, so they shouldn’t be blindly taken as fact in the first place.

Yeah… It scary to think how much in game is modeled based upon propaganda not fact.

1 Like

About Russian stuff? ^^"
Too many,… and when it’s not buffed by propaganda charts(alike the MiG-19 being able to supercruise for 2.5 years in the game, and i don’t know if it’s still possible or been fixed), it is artificially buffed by BR (MiG-21F-13// PFM being 9.3 in which BR it have nothing to do,…)

2 Likes

Extremely likely considering the fact that atgms drop after launch id affected by the map terrain, if you fire over flat ground the drop is small, if you fire over a dip in the terrain or a river the missile nosedives… They should have just left them tf alone.

Wow. Same for Igla. 8g maneuvring target with 310 m/s speed. And missile overload only 10G.
bd_5_261223_b1b7d279d0a2d035ee5e7b07fe5b1e5f

2 Likes

I would guess it’s because of the lower speed of the Igla, thus making it have a much smaller turning radius ? All Stinger, Igla and Mistral have somewhat comparable turning radius (unnerfed obviously). Now, with the IGLA being slower, it will have a harder time chasing fast vehicles compared to the other 2

5 Likes

Can any bug report be made out of this mess? That is the way to effect change, form up and submit a comprehensive bug report V2

Personally I feel @Flame2512 is best qualified to do so given his excellent synopsis.

4 Likes