Malware / AntiVirus throwing up on War Thunder Sites

Folks,

I have been having issues with WT and FPS/Ping/PL issues and have been reviewing my computer for possible issues. From other player feedback it seems that WT might have been the cause. I did discover my NVidia driver update failed and not sure if that impacted game play or not but reloaded and it seemed to help a little and then next day issue seemed to go away after WT update. With this trouble shooting process I loaded Malware Bytes to perform scans. DIdn’t find any but now when I fire up WT I am getting multiple warnings about Compromise & Trojan vulnerabilities. Found one post about Trojan but didn’t come away with anything specific. Should people be concerned about these warnings?

sounds like your PC is really infected with something. time for a clean install

3 Likes

I wasn’t clear in my post. I am getting these warnings from my antivirus software about the War Thunder servers when I connect to them. My antivirus software says my PC is clean.

the thing about antivirus packages is, that if you install them after a machine is infected, they’re not able to do much, also, a decently intelligent virus can detect an AV product.

If you’re getting warnings about torjans and being compromised, and a million other people today did not, it is probably on your side. I wouldn’t take any risk, back-up what is absolutely necessary and restart. make sure you run a decent AV package from the get-go and not as an afterthought

jpcny. i fix computer for a living. please ignore that other guy completely. what youa re looking at is called a ‘‘false positive’’ there have been occasional report of anti-viruses software triggering over the software of war thunder. the reason for that is probably because it has the capacity to torrent his update files instead of http them. you do not need to NUKE your entire instalation because of that. its probably too late, but next time do NOT listen to random guy from game forum and contact expert at microsoft or at your anti-viruse enterprise first. they will have far better things to suggest than the garbage neliz told you. i’m sorry that no one else had the decency to give you a decent answer.

1 Like