Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 4)

I did. :D

1 Like

When update?!

1 Like

When god returns my friend : P

1 Like

They would have to add better HARM missiles to US than agm 122 if they added ALARM. The agm-122 is an upgraded aim9c pretty much, and with 16.5 km range you’d have to be well within range of pantsir to use it. Agm-88 would be a better fit for US

Considering most nations used the AGM-88 HARM. Like Germany on their Tornados. yes. I imagine they would add them too.

The US cannot be allowed to have anything but a mid tank stay in its own tree it seems.

So you want US to get AGM-88 HARM. UK ALARM. USSR its equivalent and then no one else is even allowed a single HARM missile because they bought AGM-88s from the US?

US exports a load of weapons. If you want unqiue stuff, dont export so much

4 Likes

What do you want me to do? Call Raytheon, Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop Grumman? Send a letter to whoever is in charge of overseeing military exports? The reason I really don’t like when other people get our stuff is that
A. It sucks to play against the exact same or similar plane, ruins tech tree uniqueness, and there’s sometimes better versions of our stuff at the same exact BR
B. Those same people all happy about getting their “new” planes will also deny any vehicles for the US that aren’t American, even if we used/tested them or they’re a foreign mod of OUR OWN vehicles they bought FROM US(king tiger would be a pretty “out there” example)

This is the problem with wanting anything unique these days in warthunder theres so little thats unique anymore because we’re at the point where EVERYTHING is exported and traded around with everyone

7 Likes

So what HARM missile should the German and italian Tornados be equipped with?

They don’t need harms they have the 2a7

Well… except things like ASRAAM that the US intentionally blocked from being exported from the UK

3 Likes

Then US doesnt need AGM-88 HARMs they have F-15Cs

1 Like

W America for give Brits unique missile in future

Pretty much its just missles radars a few airframes and then everything will be copy paste from then on pretty much and I think people gotta accept it

It was only the seeker

You know the only good part on the 9X

And it isn’t blocked anymore anyway

3 Likes

I suppose thats what happens when we jump in every war known to man and end up making 30+ thousand AIM-9s

I suppose the US shoudlnt get the AV-8B+ then. Wouldnt want to take away the AV-8B+ being a unique airframe to the Italian TT

5 Likes

Like I’ve said before you want unique you’ll anly find it in WW2 (if lucky 50s/60s)

The little unique nowadays are support vehclies like IFVs, APCs and SPAAs.

2 Likes

Based take

Love it though

1 Like