Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Changelog

Yes i know 16 km is on the statcard that’s a fact but i did test the AMRAAM and at around 20-22 km’s it went pitbull there was no point in keeping it guided by my radar

Can someone explain why a mirage can easily dodge a Fox-1 7F missile fired at it from 3 kilometers away? Is this some kind of special aircraft design?

Well, if you’re not baiting…
Depends:

• if it’s run out of motor it becomes a lot nore sluggish.
  • if your radar set is a headon pd one it can easily just head away or notch it with some chaff mixed in ( remember, if switched to it, chaff cannot be seen).
  • last is that he broke radar lock. If you’re not relocking 2-3 seconds after memory runs out it could just lose track and go haywire.

Well, like this:
I’m on an F-16A with an AIM-7F, the range is 3 km, the convergence is head-on, the altitude is 200 meters. I have a pulse-Doppler radar in close air combat mode, the target lock is tight and does not break.

The Mirage DEFINITELY did not run out of fuel (it flew for a long time and shot down a couple of my allies), it only threw off its dipoles a couple of times (I throw off 50 of them on some planes and this does not save from missiles fired from 10 km).
Before this big patch, missiles reacted like this only to one plane - Grippen, it also dodged any missiles head-on.

Mirage is also a insanely good platform especially when it comes to turning, ive got a friend who can dodge missiles pretty reliably in his mirage pretty often in close quarters head on.

1 Like

That’s it

From 3km away, the 7M and 7F have not accelerated enough and gained enough G load authority to be undoable by manoeuvrable airframes like the Mirages. It’s not very hard to fool most Fox 1s (except R27 family) by doing some precise barrel rolls in the direction of the missile and have them overshoot you if your plane is capable of pulling enough

Let’s say yes, but why doesn’t the remote detonator work?

Because you can fly outside of the detonation range. idk what it is exactly for the 7M, but I guess it’s around 8m, which is actually not that big. It’s like 1 small plane’s length, and both you and the missile fly at Mach 0.8-Mach 3 at least usually

Is there somewhere I can see the game settings for the missile fuse radius?

It should be on the missile stat card iirc.

Edit : Actually it might not be. Then, it should be on some datelined google sheets lying around on google, but you’ll have to find it yourself

In-game cards have been showing the average temperature in the ward since the closed beta test, and you don’t need to look at them)))