Major Update "Seek & Destroy" - Changelog

YES YES YES!!! my precious Huey cockpits are here!

Just so you know: A couple of things I did not like about this new update:

I don’t like the way the eyes turned into crosses… It just gave me the creeps by only looking at them… I am a proud atheist you know? And turning my tank into an orthodox church is simply a “No way Jose” for me… Sorry… But now I have nightmares… What my tank could turn into next?

The crew sound on the tanks are awful now (Are they talking underwater now?) One of the things I loved on the tanks are the Finish and German voices, and the way they are now is exactly the opposite I always loved on this game

It’s all for now… I’ll let you know if any of my ships turned into a penguin

4 Likes

Interesting bug but…

I see the phrase about vegans and atheists is quite true.

2 Likes

I saw someone on Reddit say that your decals swap to the ones the last person you killed had. Here is the post.

1 Like

The Modifier is also applyed to APC rounds, as the protective cap protects from shattering → Better penetration. But not Apbc rounds, thats merly a metal sheet over the cap to improve ballistic propertys.

1 Like

No it doesnt? You can check it yourself here:
https://wiki.warthunder.ru/New_formuls_for_calculating_of_the_armour_piercing

Silent enemy engines.
Silent enemy gunfire.
Regenerating bushes.
Annoying unhideable weapon selector icon while flying.
Game not registering input when holding a TAB (scoreboard).
Crew voices sound like chipmunk alien hybrids (at least the German ones). What was wrong with the previous human sounding ones?
Freeze / stutter every time an explosion occurs.
Promissed HEAT buff nerfed HEAT even more. Literally do 0 damage half the time I shoot an enemy. Had to shoot a Sherman with Jpz 4-5 today six times. 4 out of the 6 rounds didn´t do any damage, just phased trough the tank. On top of that armor nerf so it´s vulnerable to .50 cals frontally, this is just a wonderful vehicle to play now!
Half the time a scouted vehicle gets destroyed, I get the message but don´t get the score for it, nor the assist count nor SL and RP bonuses.
And that´s just what I discovered within 3 games. Why we even do dev servers? Is quality control no longer a thing in 2024??? If this update meant to frustrate me beyond belief, then good work. Ya done did it.

Yeah, this update aint it chief. Call me when you fix all this. Better yet, revert the update altogether. I wish I could pause my premium time…

8 Likes

I’m not sure wtf happened, but now when I shoot, my reticle instantly moves off target. Makes no sense. Honestly it feels like the entire gameplay feels different.

Am I the only one being unable to play ground battles due to Easy Anti Cheat timing me out for some reason ? Link of error tells me " 1. Authentication timed out (1/2) или (2/2) - The game client has been launched without enabled EAC, in a session where EAC is required." but I have no fucking clue as to how to fix this issue. Game was perfectly fine before the update, and for some reason, I have been able to play top tier jets without any issues

Ah so that’s what that is. Didn’t even realize those are back-ups. Since you can use them in-game there’s like no point of even having that information.

This is huge good job!!!

1 Like

Apparently important enough to take up all this space, probably not selling enough backups to meet some arbitrary number as that’s how every other aspect of the game works, so instead of improving it, they just shove it in your face repeatedly.

2 Likes

There seems to be something weird going on with HEAT rounds.
Randomly failing to penetrate, with the Jet just appearing without dealing any damage.

Spoiler

2 Likes

cna the swedish grippen also do dat

The new M908 shell for the Abrams seems to be modeled very incorrectly, acting as HEAT-MP when it should be essentially SAP. It’s also missing from the Clickbait…

3 Likes

If i see the countless threads regarding things that don’t work after this update - i am not sure if these 2 words:

Quality Control

…are mentioned in gaijin’s handbook for devs.

And i have no idea why they constantly fiddle with the sound - this looks more like an internal dev contest of how many untested and rather detrimental sound changes can be bundled in one update…

5 Likes

I didn’t see it in the changelog, maybe I didn’t look hard enough but the Chally 3 TD has had its mobility nerfed to 1200hp… because it apparently needed that.

(I understand it’s a historical change and everything but Gaijin is smoking crack if they think this thing is even similar in terms of capability to a Leopard 2A7V or 122B+…)

Britain is officially now the worst top tier country!! Good job Gaijin!

1 Like

Makes total sense to me…

That thing is for sure, annoying as hell… The game is now ruined

It is just a statcard thing.
USA P-47N and new F-47N are the same.

1 Like