Major Update “Firebirds” — DEV Server Changelog (25.10.2024)

France doesn’t need Leopards. Why not add the many, many indigenous French tanks? There’s nothing to gain from Leopard 2s. Want more 12.0s? Especially after the AMX-40, an export design tank? Add the UAE or Jordan Leclercs. There’s some with various armor kits such as AZUR and CLARA. Maybe Leclerc Augmente? Or the SXXI with AZUR armor. Or just fix the ones in the game due to the overwhelming amount of large bug reports made on them.

For the 10.7 Leopard 2A4? There’s 6 Prototype Leclercs, all with unique names given to them due to their changes, as well as the Pre-Production variant used for trials. There isn’t a single use for them, just fix the Leclercs.

I’m all for new tanks, but this isn’t it

1 Like

This gotta be wrong. I mean a 1,55 kg 57mm Round only doing barely yellow?

Better yet; Why won’t they just F I X the already ingame French tanks?

The Leclercs could be some of the best tanks in the game if they weren’t gimped and nerfed to the degrees they are.

5 Likes

What is the point of this? tanks will just kill the engine of the leopards and stand right next to them and the lopard cannot do anything to the tank that its getting shot from bcs the gun is just too high. considering the other nato nations do not do this for example the sep v2 or the leclerc. This would make this vehicle pretty bad.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t be seeing where the captain is, you’d be looking from fire control centers.
If there was a way to toggle through the sights, such as cycling with a key or alt+#, I would love it. Until then, having the camera attached to the bridge blinds you when reversing or traveling alongside teammates.

1 Like

The Su-34 also seems to be far more stable at high alpha

Supersampling wont change that, it’s effectively a workaround to any TAA option.

I said that later in the message yes, I do agree
Though I mostly meant new Leclercs for lower BRs

im not grinding another F15 just to get a upgraded engine to thank you

Could this also lead to the F-22 Raptor possibly?

No, as of right now, the camera is attached to the over the bridge on most ships. IF there was a way to toggle sights, sure, but then I’d want to be able to lock mine to that current bridge spot. Otherwise, me and a host of other naval players, judging by the likes on my post, do not want these things to change. Nor do we need target lock on in arcade to be even FASTER- it already is almost meaningless. Naval needs to have some amount of difficulty, the actual working out of angles and firing solutions is what makes it a lot of fun imho.

yeah?
SPO-32^

2 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense that a round that have 4x the inital kinetic energy of a 20mm Hispano II AP-T deals so little damage at point blank range (or even in general).

While the report that is associated with adding the 57mm Practice round states that it is a cheap iron shell filled with sand, it should not diminish the lethality of the round, just the penetration value.

For comparison:

20mm Hispano II AP-T damage and calculations of Kinetic energy.

57mm Ho-104 Practice shell damage and calculations of Kinetic energy.

Think it might be something with the way that practice rounds are implemented into the game, that is the reason for them doing so little damage. This is mostly speculations, since i remember when the 20mm Hispano canon still had practice rounds in its belt and they dealt a lot less damage than the other shells.

Kinetic Energy Calculator used

3 Likes

What’s the point in adding niche stuff like this? Who asked for it? Yet again you are planning to add things nobody asked for, don’t think just because a change like this is ‘‘realistic’’ means that it’s justified and people won’t call you out for it. This is the same game where I can repair my almost destroyed tank in 30 seconds, so let’s not go there.

4 Likes

I’d actually like if they’d go a step further and allow me to have a camera view from the catwalk where the captain would actually be standing during battle.

2 Likes

The change to the Leopard NATO hump canon raise within the Dev server is terrible and should be reverted. I hope it was just a bug and will be fixed when it goes live.

They have been identified as intert training captured training mavs.

BMP2-MD should be standard tech tree, have APFSDS added due to the lack of missiles, or moved to 8.3 if it retains APDS.

Spoiler

3 Likes

I’d absolutely love that

Thoughts on this update based on dev server and videos.

Pro:

1. New airfield looks great.
  2. New afterburner effects look great.

Cons:

1. Brimstones coming to game half-baked/DoA, meaning the Tornado is half-baked/DoA.
  2. Poster vehicle F-117 is a gimmick and will be a slog to unlock modules for.
  3. F-15E/I are coming to the game half-baked/DoA for numerous reasons that have been beaten to death already.
  4. Leopard 2s are getting nerfed.
  5. NATO RWRs are getting nerfed.
  6. France is getting three literal copy and paste Leopards. Like actually Ctrl C + Ctrl V copy and paste.
  7. Japan basically got nothing. Don’t think Sweden is getting much of anything too.
  8. New Raytracing comes with a 50-75% FPS decrease.
  9. Russia is getting another SPAA it doesn’t need.
  10. The Panstir is still in the game with no equal counterpart for any nation. Community Managers are apparently barred by some black magic from talking about its unbalanced state.
  11. Kh-38 is still in an unbalanced state and now has a better airframe.

There’s more but like…this update feels like a massive dud when it should be a lay up to the last big update of the year. But given how, unless Gaijin changes course and I don’t think they will, the F-15E and Tornado are being added; I have like no hype for the F/A-18 and other more modern nations now. The cherry picking to force them into a check box…just yikes. You’re welcome to disagree and I won’t fault you for doing so but this is a big swing and a miss for me.

4 Likes