Major Update “Dance of Dragons” — DEV Server Changelog (30.08.2024)

Never mind, I was talking about Sinai, forget what I said.

I always get them messed up.

Please re-add the bridges on Eastern Europe Domination
This is genuinely absurd, it closes off half the map to all tanks that aren’t amphibious
It makes it into a single lane map where any tentative of flanking with a light tank is met with the gun and frontal armor of a heavy tank

also is it just me or are most amphibious tanks Russian?

The changes to Eastern Europe (and other maps) changing it into a dumb “hold W, peek from behind a corner” Counter-Strike/Call of Duty gameplay has to be stopped. This is a bad change and it definitely has to be reverted. How are we supposed to spade vehicles like M18 or even the CV9035?

You’re saying “use mobility” in the dev stream. WHERE? On a single-path map?

4 Likes

Yes

“What do you mean Shipment from Call of Duty is not a good map example for tank battles ?!
Everybody loves it in CoD !”
-Gaijin, probably

2 Likes

Wait did the T80U get a camo net?!?!?

The majority of them at popular BRs are.

However, that ins’t Russian bias, and it shouldn’t be taken as evidence of such.

T80UE-1 and vextrs both got updated camo nets

another boring ass update catering to post war.
maybe try to add stuff that should’ve been added a decade ago?

1 Like

Loadouts have had modifiers for a while, now they are showing it thankfully.

J-10A got nerfed artificially so badly.

• Uses PL-5Es that it never operated IRL
  • Request for PL-8Bs got denied by Trickzzter in the ultimate circus move because he said “just because it uses PL-8s doesn’t mean it can use PL-8Bs, there’s no proof” despite the missile being it’s most operated missile, and the J-10A literally having 5Es in game that it didn’t have IRL.
  • Don’t even get me started on the A2G loadout
8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

dude it’s ridiculous. How can you make a statement like “we need proof this weapon was used before it’s added” when that plane, and many others are literally using weapons that there is no proof they ever operated.

F-111F no proof that it used 9Ls, low and behold however…

2 Likes

Sim tryhards devastated

this is probably the worst map change ever made in the game, STOP MAKING EVERY MAP LINEAR, People that don’t watch flanks should be punished for their lack of awareness

3 Likes

Yeah, I just dove into this a little deeper after looking at a previous data mine (where they nerfed these values.)

What’s interesting is that the modifier is actually specific to the plane, not the ordinance/load out. Two different planes carrying the same load-out and doing the same base damage will earn different amounts even BEFORE the individual plane’s modifier comes into play. Which actually makes this worse and ripe for manipulation than I previously thought given we still haven’t seen the full roll out of BR changes between Air/Ground.

To wit:

A-10A (early):

• 12x 500 lbs GP Mk. 82: reward multiplier changed: 0.91 → 0.84

A-10A (late):

• 12x 500 lbs GP Mk. 82: reward multiplier changed: 0.76 → 0.7

What’s also a bit puzzling here is this is the first incorporation or mention (that I can recall) of a multiplier impacting mission points. Everything thus far was always related to RP/SL earnings. Given we know they balance vehicles by SL earnings and NOT mission points (which is a curious problem in and of itself) I wonder how this looks going forward.

1 Like

Flankers deserve the reward of flanking. Eastern Europe will go from an ok map to terrible if this goes live

1 Like

It will go live. Last time it was Huge Tunisia, there was enormous backlash, it still went live

3 Likes

Sim RP/SL is based on mission score exclusively due to the useful action mechanic, so that’s likely one of the reasons. Using the Tornado IDS in sim is actually how I discovered the modifier differences personally.

1 Like

Not true, Eastern Europe has four routes:

• upper road beside the river
  • central road which includes B
  • lower road along the open field
  • far lower flank behind the ridge/trees on the opposite side of the field